A Good Start to 2012?

OriginalDoc

New elf
[SIZE=small]Howdy peeps,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]Now i have had my discussions in my introduction thread , i need to know if this seems like a good move?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]I am going to go ahead with the residential 240v [/SIZE][SIZE=small]CTB16PC-GEN3 [/SIZE]controller from Light-o-Rama , I asking them to send it without the 16 Au power cables (i looked at Bunnings today and see i can get some Arlec cables there) and i can install them myself.
[SIZE=small]Also i want to order the DC controller im looking at the CMB16D QC Controller and the S3 software.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]What else am i going to need. Thanks.[/SIZE]

OriginalDoc

New elf
Ok so the generic will work on both the AC and The DC ? is there a network cable that plugs between the 2 LOR products or do you need to run 2 different software programs for both AC and DC?

Robbo

Full time elf
just one software, the usb485 cable connects to network cable to the first controller, then cat5 or network cable between each board to carry on the data

Bird

LOR user
Radio transmitter to get your music out to the car radios?
Since you folks down there have warm weather foot traffic, maybe some yard speakers?

OriginalDoc

New elf
Ok so i need , The AC Controller , The DC controller , The Generic Starter Package , A Dongle and a DC power source to get started.

And an FM transmitter.

Where is the best place to get a good DC power source and a Dongle?

Robbo

Full time elf
the dongle is included in the generic starter pack it's that little black thing that converts usb485 to cat5 and a lot of members get their DC power supplies from Ray Wu's shop at aliexpress

OriginalDoc

New elf
[SIZE=small]Ok ive just ordered the following.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=small]1x Residential LOR [/SIZE]
CTB16PC-GEN3 controller assembled (without the power cables)
[SIZE=small]1x CMB16D QC Controller[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1x Generic Starter Package[/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]1x [/SIZE]WH-FM-Transmitter-2
[SIZE=small]Now im poor till july2012 lol [/SIZE] :D

OriginalDoc

New elf
No worries , Thanks for all your help so far. Im sure i will be back when i want to test this stuff lol. Now i just have to sit back and wait for the postman. ;)

Just a quick question about Fm Signal broadcasting are there any laws or rules you need to follow?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
OriginalDoc said:
No worries , Thanks for all your help so far. Im sure i will be back when i want to test this stuff lol. Now i just have to sit back and wait for the postman. ;)

Just a quick question about Fm Signal broadcasting are there any laws or rules you need to follow?

There are rules and regulations that Bird has already pointed you to which can be confusing in some parts

but the below general rules should see you have no issues

1: Dont broadcast over any used frequencies, drive around your area to ensure that the signal is clear before choosing. Do this every year just in case a new station has opened near by.

2: Do not use a transmitter with a high wattage output, 10 milliwatt is more than enough for most users

3: Do not do any commercial advertising through your transmissions

4: Do not run your transmitter 24 hours a day, only use it when the show is on

5: DO not transmit any offensive or damaging material

As long as you follow those basic rules you shouldnt have any problem