A new old member

caffeine

Full time elf
Hi all, just wanted to re-introduce myself and say Hello to everyone for the season, and apologise as well.

Had a huge learning curve last year and carried through a great deal of enthusiasm for all parts of the blinky blinky's but mostly the software side.

I had on my wall a year long planner of what I wanted to achieve when for 2014.

Unfortunately some real-life crisis headed my way with a vengeance, and 2014 was a wash of emotions and distractions, I even missed the mini which was something I was DESPERATELY looking forward to.

I should get something up for 2014, although running very very late (delivery arrived 1st of December).

Just wanted to thank everyone again for all the wonderful assistance, knowledge and even off-topic chat here, and say sorry for my sudden disappearance, believe me if I could change the circumstances of 2014 as a whole I would do so in a heartbeat.

Cheers,

Caff.

dougd

Full time elf
Glad you are back. Looking forward to seeing what you can pull off in a short while this year. Last year you did pretty good.

Hoping 2015 will be better.

caffeine

Full time elf
dougd said:
Glad you are back. Looking forward to seeing what you can pull off in a short while this year. Last year you did pretty good.

Hoping 2015 will be better.

God I hope so.

Was really disappointed with the lack of updates to LOR in the time I was away. I understand the whole major redesign and therefore extended timeline but really hurts to be honest.
Really could have done with some of the tools I had in the works right about now.

On the up side I now at least have a fairly reasonable amount of RGB gear, so while I'll get some improvement this year next year can be all about building and development.

kel

Dedicated elf
welcome59.gif

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Welcome back and good luck!

I know how you feel about 2014 myself! This has been a disaster year for me for health and other problems.

I am very sad that I do not have any display up for this year but just could not do it.

I am sitting here today with bronchitis and a nasty cold that is probably more like the flu than a cold and coughing up crap that makes me want to quit all together. This after a run to the hospital on this last Tuesday only to find out I have kidney stones and some other problems with kidneys and prostrate that are going to have to be dealt with soon!
So we all have our problems to bear and try to get along best we can.

I'm sure that you will have a great display going now and in the future as long as you push for it. Even one light bulb on a porch can be a display as long as the thought is in it!

Bill