My first star to top my tree was made from acrylic (build information here ), but given I had a bit of a disaster last year, I figured I've been given an opportunity to build something new. So my new plan is to make a star out of marine ply, drill a heap of 30mm holes in it , and poke a bunch of these pixels through: Here's a very early photo - I currently only have 6 pixels (when I asked Ray for 6pcs, he took me literally - I obviously wanted 6 strings of 20).. I will cut the star out, leaving around 10-15mm edge from the pixels, and paint it black, so hopefully it'll look pretty good. Having three separate stars should hopefully allow for some different effects. Size wise, it's around 80cm high - would have liked bigger, but it should be fine!