A post finally

Flash

Not a morning person, except on December 25th.
All our dreams for beginning a spectacular light show this year have been put on hold until next year. I will give me time to research and learn. The kids have all seen YouTube examples and their expectations are beyond my ability at this stage. Having said that I have seen what you guys and gals have put together so there is hope yet. I look forward to making new friends here. Merry Christmas everyone.

kane

Dedicated elf
Welcome Flash - you've certainly allowed yourself plenty of time for next year - for many of us, it's a year-round hobby that you get to show off at Christmas time.

Plenty of research is definately a good idea, as is plenty of planning. And there's a lot of helpful people here, both on the forums, and in chat - you'll get a lot of additional advice by spending time here.

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Hi Flash,
Its a pity about this year but it is always good to start next years display early. You should try and come along to the mini next year.
Merry Christmas and Good luck for next year.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Welcome Flash 12 months is about the time it takes as most of us are looking at our displays as the go up and start the design process for next year as to how we can add to it, there a a lot of very smart and helpful people here that a happy to help you along the way to next year.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL Flash, you have come to the right place to learn as there is lots of info and guys here to help you in your journey. There are many of our members this year who are doing a musical display for the first time who started with as little or less knowledge that you have now. You have given yourself plenty of time to learn and implement a great display for 2012. You may have missed 2011 but you will come back with a surprise for everyone in 2012

kane

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
There are many of our members this year who are doing a musical display for the first time who started with as little or less knowledge that you have now.
Yep, I'm one of those that went from zero last year to quite a decent sized musical display this year. Wouldn't have been able to do it without ACL

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
Great to have you onboard Flash and you will not regret holding off for a year. As hard as it looks there are plenty of people with different levels of ability on here more then willing to give you advice. Some shows are an all year project and hobby and the biggest enemy can often be time.

Welcome to ACL