Closed ACL 'MK2 fully-built' aka MK3 strobes (ends 3-Aug-2015) CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulk buy close date
Aug 3, 2015

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
benbrown said:
Hi.

Okay. I will check that asap and get it sorted. Thanks for bringing it to my knowledge. Do you care if I do 50cm for you?

Ben
Hi Ben, if everyone else is getting 50cm then I guess I'll have no choice as I assume you cannot do both sizes in the same order/run? What would be the price difference to what I have already paid?
Cheers, Graham

benbrown

Apprentice elf
Hi Pal,

Nothing more for you.. I will do you 50cm.. dont worry about adding more money.. Its okay.

Im done getting payments.. bulk buy is closed..

Stay tuned for your string.

Cheers

Charles Belcher

New elf
I bought several of these strobes last year and never used them after reading and seeing a YouTube of the strobes taking 15 seconds to randomize.

Has a work-a-round or modification be done since last year?

Charles

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Charles Belcher said:
I bought several of these strobes last year and never used them after reading and seeing a YouTube of the strobes taking 15 seconds to randomize.

Has a work-a-round or modification be done since last year?

Charles

If these are based on the original strobe type then these can be triggered a different way.

There should be 3 wires, +V, ground and trigger, if you just use the trigger to switch the lights on and off instead of the power then the lights will come on random because the PIC chip is still running in the background as its only when the pic chip originally powers up that they are not random.

But that was based on the original strobes so not sure on these ones you have.

Charles Belcher

New elf
Fasteddy,

The strings I have have a grey wire @+5v and a white wire @ -5v. The original list of purchasers showed your name on the list, so I believe you bought some of the same strings that I did.

Charles

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Charles Belcher said:
Fasteddy,

The strings I have have a grey wire @+5v and a white wire @ -5v. The original list of purchasers showed your name on the list, so I believe you bought some of the same strings that I did.

Charles

Ok I think I know which version you are now talking about, this is the version that Alan organised through Ray Wu and they came with a light grey wire. I received them and never got around to using them, but if these do not have a trigger wire then this would explain the issue as the earlier DIY versions had the trigger to get around this issue.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
My understanding was that the PCB in each strobe was programmed incorrectly so that they all start the same time, not randomly, unfortunately.
Only thing I can think of is to cut up to smaller strings and then sequence each string slightly apart. Still not quite the desired effect however.
My set is also sitting doing nothing, but I might drag it out for Halloween as a string of lightning strikes.

Charles Belcher

New elf
djgra79 said:
My understanding was that the PCB in each strobe was programmed incorrectly so that they all start the same time, not randomly, unfortunately.
Only thing I can think of is to cut up to smaller strings and then sequence each string slightly apart. Still not quite the desired effect however.
My set is also sitting doing nothing, but I might drag it out for Halloween as a string of lightning strikes.

djgra79,

That is very disappointing.

Charles

Skunberg

Full time elf
I have a few strings and I like them. True about 10-15 seconds to totally randomize but they noticeably start to change after just a couple blinks. They are only together for that very first blink. But YMMV as it's kinda a personal perception thing. If I remember right they are brighter, 1watt rather than 1/2 or 3/4watt.

Charles Belcher

New elf
Skunberg said:
Charles are you looking to sell yours?

Skunberg,

I will lay one strand on top of my front hedges tonight or tomorrow night, go across the street and look at them. I have only powered them up in my garage.

If, they don't work for my purpose, then yes, I would sell them. I am in Dallas, Texas.

Charles

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
djgra79 said:

There was also several versions of firmware with different timings that were used in the DIY version and also a trigger circuit. But even with the different firmware they still all started close together and only looked random after the first few flashes, the only way to have complete random was to use the trigger and have the chip powered up.

Status
Not open for further replies.