ACL Stability

harrisonk

Dedicated elf
Hey Clappers

Ive made some configuration changes to the server over the last week which has lowered the CPU & Memory usage.

Also added some hard limits on the chat SQL Commands that wont allow chat to kill the server in a Memory/CPU overload.

As i cant always be here, I am asking that this thread be used as a Outage Tracker. If you receive an Error/Cant Access Chat etc, That you please post a reply here with time, what you were doing prior to the error, the TIME (And Timezone if not AEDST) and any errors thrown/messages

Once Again Thanks Guys for your patience, we seem to be at a stable level now, and this thread will help keep that by allowing me to see what causes overloads.

Harrison

caffeine

Full time elf
8/1/2014 exactly 10:00pm AEDT so 23:00 GMT only for a minute or so.

EDIT: Just for clarity chat connectivity red and forum unreachable.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
8 Jan 14 - 1303 AEDST -

Red icon in chat, no forum pages would load.

Lasted about 2 minutes.

Didnt drop from chat however.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
I had another red orb this morning

Lasted again for about 1 - 2 mins

Started at approximately 1031 hours AEDST

Still didnt drop from chat tho

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
It's been happening a bit here too, when I cant blame my connection (No uploading or downloading), and normally it's 30 seconds and seems to buffer the messages. Lately it's been a little longer and drops messages typed.

When the chat is working it seems way faster than the last couple of months, so if you can nail down the cause of the pauses it would be great.

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
10:33 pm today, was typing a message in Chat and Nek Minnut I was logged out of ACL (Back at the login page)
Tried to login but it said I had to wait 2 seconds.
Tried again and it said wrong password (was correct password as its saved for this site)
Tried again and logged back in OK.

mangoat

Full time elf
The chat has reached the maximum number of logged-in users.

1147am 2/12/14. (+10gmt)

bugger :(

harrisonk

Dedicated elf
Chat User Limits are not a server side thing. That's Ryan. ACL has always had a 30 person limit thou so in not sure much will change.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Is the forum having issues at the moment

Strange things going on like threads not appering when created and then when finally created it cannot be accessed

Also issues with uploading images

Anyone else having these issues

Habbosrus

Back again
I've tried to access a couple of threads earlier today and have been met with a blank screen. Come to think of it, both of them were yours Eddy. I haven't experienced it with other threads so far.