ACL Strobes controller

Andy2000

Apprentice elf
I am after advice on what is the best controller for the new strobes? I have a Pixlite 16 so can run a dmx controller off it i believe.

Andy

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi Andy
If you haven't got any dmx stuff and you're wanting to control the strobes or dumb rgb stuff then my 2811DC or 28101DC boards are an easy option. Links to my site in my sig and there's info on them on the wiki and on my site. As you're likely to have pixels somewhere near where you want to run the strobes then it saves you having to run a dmx network just for that.

Andy2000

Apprentice elf
Hi Alan
Could i also use your DMX36 to control the strobes? I am looking to get some DMX spotlights in the future so I assume i could run those as well off your controller

Habbosrus

Back again
I'll vouch for Alan's 2811DC's! Great piece of kit, reasonably priced and very easy to use! I'll be ordering more in the future.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The DMX36 can control them as well. Are the spotlights dmx or just dumb rgb? If they are just dumb rgb you can run them off a 2811dc or 2801dc board.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Andy2000 said:
I am after advice on what is the best controller for the new strobes? I have a Pixlite 16 so can run a dmx controller off it i believe.

Andy

I controlled my strobes from my DC DMX controller using an automotive DC relay connected to the output because the controller was set up for 12vdc and the strobes are 5vdc.

i13

Dedicated elf
code said:
I'm also looking at spotlights this year. I have a pixlite16 also. Am i reading this correctly. The DMX36 can connect to the pixlite16 and run dmx rgb spots?
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/3-3W-RGB-LED-spotlight-DC12V-input-with-4-wire-PWM-driver-inside-size-D50-88mm/701799_32343115801.html
If the spotlights themselves are DMX and not just ordinary dumb RGB then you can run them from the PixLite 16's DMX outputs without any other DMX controller. You'll probably need an adaptor because they have different types of sockets for cables carrying the DMX signal.