ACL Strobes - Error codes after building...Anyone make a list yet?

fathead45

Fiedler Christmas
Well since building about 6 panels and running into alot of errors from building and fixing them i started to keep track of what the issue was and what fixed it. If noone has done it yet i am going to try to put up the errors i got and what i did to fix to try to help others out if they run into issues. maybe i missed it somewhere.

thanks

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Ive finished building my 1 panel and out of the 45 I've got 4 that intermittently stay solidly on at power up, drop and reapply power and they work ok. then the next time they might take 3 or 4 goes at removing and reapplying power to work.
I haven't found the cause or a fix as yet?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I just started programming and testing and i noticed that the leds need to be backwards compared to the drawing in Assembling TPR1-Strobe.pdf. Fortunately I only have about 300 out of about 1200 that I need to swap the leds on. If you can call that fortunate. This assuming that I've been doing lately is going to be the death of me. In this case I assumed that the led drawing was correct. :(

fathead45

Fiedler Christmas
ruprect, i have battled that issue to and im still working on that one. if i come up with that one ill post it up.

hmm aah i have always put the longer lead in hole 1. that was the old half watt batch. i better try these newer ones.

adski

Dave Brown
There are 6 different variations of the firmware - is there any correlation between problem and firmware?

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Alan all mine were long lead in pin 1 and all worked ok (apart from the not flashy ones)

adski - All mine were on the ledstrobe2 firmware.
I have a bit of cutting and picking to do before I can change the firmware and start testing the crook ones as I've already sealed mine up with Hotmelt and heatshrink :-[ [SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]

CaptKirk

New elf
What error codes do you mean? I had one where if you did a blank check, the LED would come on bright and the Pickit2 would error out with a really weird error I did not note down. It corrected after I went short hunting.

As for the different firmware,

1. I understand the first 4 file names - those make sense- what is rational behind the other names- 3_15 and 6_45? Differences? Should those just be considered 15ms delay and 45ms delay??

2. What about LEDStrobe2? Is there a delay or difference? Is it 0ms delay?

3. Are the "random pattterns" varied between the various files?

4. Any of these able to be self triggered WITHOUT adding the jumper of DATA to GND on the program port? It would save a soldering step!

THX. Kirk