ACL Strobes - Interest post

kane

Dedicated elf
AAH said:
I have started knocking together a revised design today after thinking about it for a while. The plan is to get the smd stuff on the board loaded and all that's required to assemble the strobes is to fit the led, a through hole resistor which is selected to suit the led (2 ohm 0.5W axial 0.4" for the 0.75W 8mm leds) and 2 wires in and out for wiring up into strings. To simplify the design I've taken away some of the features of the original ACL design as 99% of people probably didn't take advantage of the flexibility.

Brilliant, sounds perfect!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have some proto boards on the way to make sure everything works fine and I have everything out there being priced. Within 2 weeks I hope to get an order processed so if there is interest in them post in here and I'll make sure that I let anyone interested know the details as soon as I do.
The pcb is tiny. If you reckon the last ACL strobe boards were small you're in for a shock. These boards are almost half the size so that 48 boards fit into a panel that is under 75mm (3 inches square) and that is including a border of around 10mm (0.4") all the way around.
I'm waiting on Ray for pricing and I'm hoping to get some samples to try but the plan is for the board and led to fit into a pixel node sleeve and the C7 cover to fit over that. Some neutral cure silicon should give a near professional finish to the strobe boards.

Attachments

• sleeve.jpg
    sleeve.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 120
  • sleeve and cover.jpg
    sleeve and cover.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 117

Boomer#6

No magic smoke yet!!
Name: Boomer
Complete ACL: Around 50
PCB only: 0
Ray Wu String: 0
Timing: Whenever

Skunberg

Full time elf
This thread is going much better than the original ACL strobes. Keep up the great work.

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Looking forward to getting my hands on some of them. The best bit is they are an add on from the wife, so they don't get added to my budget :)

schoey

New elf
I'm keen, I might as well add to the pile of stuff I have to learn how to use :D

I'd go for $2-300 worth I guess

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Slight update. Got a price on the pixel sleeves tonight. They're expected to be about 3 cents each so that looks they should be a go. Still waiting on LED, C7 cover and pcb prices.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
awesome news Alan as I may be looking at $200 worth of strobes if the secret stash is up to that by then