ACL 'Using Pixels with the J1SYS ECG-P12R' Controller Guide Feedback Thread

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Let me be the first to say a big thank you, I wish i had this a few months ago, but having a browse over it just now, It all is starting to make more sence.

Cheers Eddy

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The manual is not incorrect but outdated as things like the 2811 are now supported and there now is the added feature of the UBL (universal Boot Loader) So the manual is still very relavant it just doesnt mention some newer additional features.

jimcllc

Apprentice elf
Thank you. I'm just looking to read all about it so I am familiar with it before I purchase it. I try to figure things out first before I ask questions.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
The manual is not a bible, but more a guide book. It gives opinions, does not cover every question out there, is lacking in some areas, but it's one of the best general guide books on lighting out there. It was designed to introduce newcomers to the basics, and give a generic understanding of how things fit together. Once your knowledge grows then the forum and chat room will yield more specific information.

90% of newcomers questions are answered, at least in part, by the book, and that's why it's a great resource

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
lithgowlights said:
The manual is not a bible, but more a guide book. It gives opinions, does not cover every question out there, is lacking in some areas, but it's one of the best general guide books on lighting out there. It was designed to introduce newcomers to the basics, and give a generic understanding of how things fit together. Once your knowledge grows then the forum and chat room will yield more specific information.

90% of newcomers questions are answered, at least in part, by the book, and that's why it's a great resource

I think you may be talking about the ACL 101 manual. The OP is talking about the P12R manual.

But still very relavant comments.