Adding DMX

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Thanks guys for your help.

I have ordered the wiring adapter and DC48 from David.

I emailed j1sys enquiring about 1812 chip being supported, no reply yet.

Being that I cant handle allllll of those chans just sitting there doing nothing this year..... ;) I am looking to now purchase some RGB strips. I was tossing up strips v wallwashers but after chatting in room Ive decided to go for strips.

These are the ones I am looking at:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/568458133-5m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-WS2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30pcs-5050-SMD-RGB-wholesalers.html

I will putting them around the pink area archway (9m), lounge window (7m) and ranchslider (6m).
Visualizerpic.jpg

I will also grab some endcaps from Ray, some easy (no solder) connectors.

It states 3.2A per 5m and 7.68W per metre.

Im looking at the archway being one (or rather 3) channels, the lounge being another 3 and ranchslider being another 3.

What is the best powersupply for me to be able to run all of that also being aware that I will be adding more RGB in the future years. I was looking at the Meanwell 350W one, like the one I have, but they are quite large and Im hoping to fit the DC48 in my spare LoR enclosure. http://store.lightorama.com/enforpcco.html

Also...do I need to be thinking about amplifying anywhere? I would rather not put my order through with Ray then find out I needed a few more bits and pieces.

Again, thanks so much for all your help. As you all have mentioned, hopefully this time next year I will be able to help others after gaining so much knowledge :)

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Decided this morning it was about time I bit the bullet and try to setup my controllrers in DMX mode.

Have them all wired up as per this pic (ignoring J1sys device till it gets here lol)
Addingdmxsetup-1.jpg

Here is a pic of how my S3 looks, there are of course the previous 2 LOR unit chans that dont show, also the 6 chans of the DMX laser (Universe 2) at the bottom which you cant see.
Chansetup.jpg

LOR controller Unit1 - 1-16
LOR controller Unit2 - 17-32
LOR controller Unit3 - 33-48
DC48 Universe 1 - 49-97
DMX Laser - Universe 2 - 100-105

If I choose the above under DMX tab the DC48 blinks away happily, all 3 of em.

If I choose the A700eqpM (LOR dongle) in the LOR tab all 3 LoR controllers light up prettily.

Cant get them all going at once. I recall instructions to setup LOR Unit ID's previous to going under DMX, if I change network to LOR all units have their ID's correct.

Im a bit lost from here as to what to choose in the Network Settings to enable me to see them all. I have read and re-read Eddys presentation on how to set it up and I understand it fully. But practically :(

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Congrats Shell, you show with some dedication and effort that it doesnt matter who you are to be able to do some DIY lighting. You have come so far in so little time. I look forward to seeing your display this year