Adding New Model to Existing Sequence xlights

Baron

Apprentice elf
For 2022, I want to add new models to my last year's show. So far I designed the new models in my layout in xlights. Then I was going to open my sequence but didn't know what do do next. Can you help?

Croydon Lights

Full time elf
Generous elf
Right click on one of your models in sequence and edit display elements and add the new models to your display and then sequence them

LA0

New elf
In xlights you will need to go to edit display elements:

x1.png

From there find the new models you have created, and add them to your timeline:

x2.png

Then sequence them however you would like.

I know the above response beat me, but it still may be good to serve as a visual representation.

Hope this helps.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
In addition to what LA0 said, I like to go back and do "import effects", then import the effects from another element in the same sequence file, or maybe the original (I used a lot of OPS), so the new element works without any serious work.
The other thing that is really easy to do is add the new element to your groups, if you sequence at the group level (like "All Yard", or "All Snowflake Arms", or "All House Verticals" or whatever. That way, all you have to do is re-render all your sequences and it'll probably be involved without any changes. Then you can go back and "plus it" by putting specific effects on the new models.

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.