Answered Addressable LED strip lights

Wayne Smith

New elf
Hi all,

After almost giving up on this addressable led pixel light thing I have discovered that 5 X sets of addressable led strip lights that I bought in 5m and 1m sizes were all faulty. I know this as the latest one I bought actually worked. What I was wondering is where is the best and most reliable place to purchase addressable led strip lights from, preferably 2812b ?

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi Wayne.
Ray Wu is probably the most popular and reliable supplier of lights to the community and is quite good at customer service.
If you have a genuine fault with goods you've purchased from him he will quite often work wioth you to replace the faulty parts, usually at little to no additional cost.
Where did you buy your lights from? Have you done ALL tests possible to confirm the lights are faulty? What is the issue?
Have you tried different cables, connectors, PSUs, controllers to rule those out as issues? Perhaps some more detail on the issues you are having and we could assist to try and resolve for you.

Wayne Smith

New elf
I bought the lights from both Ebay and Wish, I have done all possible tests to just have 5 random lights in a 1m strip light up very dull and maybe 25 lights in a 5m strip do the same. I have now tried the one working 1m strip on all avenues that I was testing the other lights with and it worked but yet the other 5 still dont work. That is why I am seeking a reliable sorce.

Thankyou for your reply

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Don't give up straight away it is also possible that you may have a different chipset than advertised or markings on strips for wiring order is incorrect both scenarios are very common I purchased four strips supposedly ws2811 turns out far from it lpd6803 strips I recieved after bit of time managed to work out !

#1mate

364 Days building 1 night admiring.
Go with Ray Wu. He is very good. Last order I had was 20 roll of WS2812B 4 rolls had failed chip in 1 colour did not work on 1 led. Ray replaced all 4 rolls with new ones at no cost to me and no questions asked. Just had to supply photo's. Would highly recommend him to everyone.