Adelaide Storm last night (7th December 2016)

denno020

Apprentice elf
Did anyone get their display ruined by the wind last night? I'm quite a heavy sleeper, but even I was woken up from the rain and wind, looked out my window to see my little light tree almost over! It's basically a wireframe (the tomato trainer thing you get from Cheap as Chips), but the wind still found enough surface to nearly push it over.

It would have been pretty bad if that did happen, because it's sitting right next to the weather proof box that has all the power inside, so it could very well have yanked on that too. I had to go out in the middle of the night once the wind had died down, and the rain was a bit lighter, to try and prop it back up and stick it into the ground further.

My story doesn't sound that bad, because it isn't, I don't have any large display items, but I'm sure some people on here do, and I'm wondering if they survived!

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Ah yes shut down show earlier last night due too extreme rain and winds . Was a restless sleep with the howling of wind and major rain and didn't want to get out of bed but sounded like hail at one point during the night . I laid awake thinking what sort of damage may have occurred but luckily checked this morning and not too much to worry about other than re tension the strips on mega tree all looks to be ok . Wind is still extreme here at moment no point doing anything till wind has calmed . Im in angle vale

denno020

Apprentice elf
It definitely was like that last night.. Laying, listening and wondering just how much damage is being done outside. Good to hear there wasn't any major damage

I was really worried about my two falcon enclosures... but upon inspection were bone dry :)

Our 6.5m mega tree survived... luckily i was a bit anal about the tri-angulation with the guy wires... i could see the tree wiggling last night, but the top stayed true throughout.

I'm thinking about sand bagging in front of the rollerdoor to the garage, as i have so many power cables running under the door that the weather seal doesn't work anymore.

denno020

Apprentice elf
That's good heathwithnoteeth! I still have to come by and see your display

For sure denno!

I was a bit sad to turn off early last night... we had a few people turn up just after we shut down, even though the weather was kicking us bad.

denno020

Apprentice elf
I was driving around down near where I live with my fiance and making jokes that mother nature was deciding to put on a light show of her own (we had lightning pretty much all around us), was pretty impressive

Kitman

Full time elf
All of my display is fine. My show stops at 10:30pm and then the timers turn everything off at 11:30pm so I have some static lights on for an extra hour after the show. As I work nights during the week I have no idea if anything happened to the display due to it being set to autopilot every night, the mrs checks on it some nights but generally just lets it do it's thing unless the neighbour comes over and says something isn't working lol.

Checked on everything today and all looks fine. Tree is still in place hasn't moved, I guess that's what happens when you have a solid steel pole mast that is slotted into the ground sleeve concreted 1.2 meters deep into the ground lol, no guide wires on the tree. The only thing that might have an issue would be the speakers which aren't waterproof however the wires go inside the plastic speaker box and are soldered to the back of the speaker with a drip loop inside the box incase water does get in, so the cones might have gotten wet but the speakers are about 10 years old and were all I had at the time lol guess we will see what happens with them tonight.