Advance version Vs Professional??

Porsche

Full time elf
Hi guys, I was watching one of the tuts on LSP and notice that my advanced version was slightly different to the professional version.
the copy and paste options were a little different and it had a Wii tab on the effects part?
Is there much difference between the 2 versions, apart from the channels it will control, macros etc.
Are the effects features all the same??

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
you are looking at 2.5 version of LSP. the 2.8 didn't have Wii tab and some other non-important stuff in it's release.
These features may be added again in future re-writes of LSP.

kane

Dedicated elf
The inclusion of Wii control was something that attracted a lot of criticism when it was introduced (by the previous author of LSP - not Minleon) - people suggested that he'd be better off fixing bugs than developing additional features like this.

The intention was that you could map buttons on your wii controller (or guitar), and when in "live" mode, you could use it light up particular channels. Obviously when you've got 10-15 channels, this would work okay, but won't work too well when you've got thousands.. Taking it a step further though, they could have had it so that hitting a certain button kicked off an effect on a whole layer, or something like that - that'd be pretty cool...

LightShow Pro Tutorial - "LightShow Hero" Live Wii Performances

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
Due to the rewrite of scehduler, the wii function was not focussed on initially due to time constraints and wanting a product released for use.

From information provided, it is still going to be added, but presently it was not a priority

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Its a great feature when used for kids parties, just use a few floods, a strobe and moving light head connected to LSP the Wii guitar and drums and you have a dance floor lighting that is fully controlled by the kids. Was a big hit

Untitled on Vimeo