1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Ae-Element 3d-TP Form

Discussion in 'Sequencers & Software Tools' started by angus40, Jul 14, 2014.

1. angus40

angus40 Senior Elf

This type of effect is what I expected from Madrix and could not achieve .
    fractals

2. Superman

Superman I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious Global Moderator

Find Me On:
    I wish I could get my head around AE. well done

3. westy27

westy27 Apprentice Elf

Ae-Element 3d-TP Form

Impressive

4. OP
    OP
    angus40

angus40 Senior Elf

Hi Steve
    Ae is a bit complex from the initial novice perspective but judging from your masking capabilities
    a few basic tutorials should get you going with Ae.
    I have been considering doing a series of tutorials that specifically target sequencing for pixels and rgb elements .
    I am currently learning resolume as I think this is a very helpful tool for 3d projection .
    The bonus to resolume is the effects can be exported to Ae for editing and then used on rgb elements etc .
    It amazes me at how cumbersome creating custom effects for rgb or images for projection is to accomplish .
    Even with tools that will automate the process to a degree the simple step of understanding the work flow in most of these applications can be overwhelming.
    I have watched 100s of tutorials and filtered out what I need that applies to our hobby .
    Due to the cost of Ae and time required to learn how to use it there may be a lack of interest as just getting
    the mind around rgb -controllers - hardware and sequencers is challenge enough for most .