1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

After some advice on controllers for next year

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by cdjazman, Dec 25, 2012.

1. cdjazman

cdjazman Full Time Elf

Hello all,

Fantatic site here and have learnt alot and got a massive amount of ideas for this year and now looking to next year.

I have got to the point of going geek next year and running computer controlled lights.

My problem is I have read so much information that I have now confused myself.

My lights consist of led strings (Big W), RGB strips (as mini trees) and 6803 pixel strips. I would like to control them all (not sure if budget will allow). You can see in the video at https://vimeo.com/56010072

Looking for guidance in what controllers would suit best. I am still a bit confused with channels and universes.

Any possible contacts within the area of Aspendale Gardens that I can look at thier setup would be useful.

Thanks in advance and merry christmas.

Craig.

2. Beacy

Beacy It's so much better on the dark side

Welcome to our crazy world. If you want to set a range on controllers for both pixels & RGB & Big W lights and feel like a drive to Beaconsfield let me know & I'm happy to show them to you while theyre all up and running and I can explain them in a practical situation.

3. Robbo

Robbo Full Time Elf

welcome.....

I understand how you feel, I read heaps when I first got here and confused myself as well, I still get confused LOL

it probably wont cost as much as you think to get it all computer controlled, the time and effort will be the bigger investment :)

Aspendale gardens may be worth a look for me when you get it up and running, I live in Tyabb and work in Clayton, at Monash University.

4. Bird

Bird Proud LOR user

[​IMG]
    to ACL Craig

Glad you find the site useful
    Always ask questions. There are no dumb questions here and many friendly people are glad to help you going the right direction.

5. kel

kel Dedicated Elf

[​IMG]

6. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    Welcome to ACL, what seems very confusing now will become much clearer to you over the coming months. So there is no need to rush off buying anything yet, so instead take the time to let the overload of info absorb into your brain.
    If you havent already then download the ACL 101 lighting manual that will give you some layout diagrams and info on how it all goes together.
    You can also take a look at the J1SYS product matrix and the range of controllers and their uses.

It appears you will need a mix between DC controllers and Pixel controllers

7. Benschristmaslights

Benschristmaslights Dedicated Elf Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    the 101 manual is worth its weight in gold. well worth reading