all this info has turned my brain to mush

bert-nc

New elf
have been doing a lot of reading of different threads looking for info so I can add some pixels to my 2013 display.
my display will have ac controllers, renard ss16's and renard ss8"s plus a renard lsd48, plus "dumb rgb strips, which I can run from the renlsd48, and was wanting to add the "smart" pixels. Am I trying to run to many differnt types of lights from one system? would be simplier to do away with the ac lights, but finances just do not allow.
just hoping for some advice on what direction I will need to go to make it work.
If I need to rethink the project, please say so.

thanks in advance

bert-nc

gigogig

gigogig
a computer can handle a lot more than that, but for sanity resions i might consider a e1.31 to renard bridge (somone selling a 6 port kit ~$60us that i cant (yet) voch for) + a pixel controller. i believe a 682 can do both but i like p12r's for pixels but if cutting ever $ matters a 682 as a bridg might be better. there is no resion you cant do both, as renards tipicaly use a serial out of a computer and most pixel controllers use the Ethernet out. by the way i used both in 2012 off of an older computer without problems

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im pretty sure the ECG-D2 also does Renard, all that is needed is to change the Cat5 cabling to suit the correct pins
The ECG-DR4 definetly does Renard with 4 outputs

But there should be no issue rinning the 2 interfaces if you wanted, or else just go the e1.31 bridge path and use only 1 interface from your computer

bert-nc

New elf
thanks for the info.
Right now I think I am going to go with running two different applications on my show computer.
One for the renards (Vixen), and another for the pixels. However as the year progresses, and systems and hardware evolve, that could change.
Thought about the e1.31 bridge, but at present time I prefer a product already assembled.
thinking about the ECG-P2
always open for suggestions

bert-nc