Alphapix 4 and RGB

jon19

New elf
Ok, so I am a complete noob at lighting. I am trying to figure out something and I am sure someone can answer it rather quickly, but I have spent hours trying to figure it out.

So i have an alphapix 4 controller. I have WB2812 LED light strips. I am trying to light a star I made, I am using xlights, which I am still learning.

I am not able to figure out how to run more than 170 off a single output on the controller. At pixel 171 I get a different in color from the previous 170 pixels. When running tests using xlights, I see the change at 170/171.

What settings do I need in the web interface to get beyond the 170 barrier. According to the website for the controller, it can run 680 pixels off a single output.

Can anyone help me as I am ready to go insane, lol.

Thanks,

Jon

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Have you updated your firmware? I did a firmware update and noticed a few changes from the older version.This may help but I only run one universe out of each outlet so I cant really say.

i13

Dedicated elf
Plenty of xLights users but not many AlphaPix users here.

I'd suspect that's a problem with the channel configuration somewhere. Each universe can contain 512 channels but you need to set this to 510 for pixels because each pixel uses 3 channels and 512 is not divisible by 3. The extra 2 channels would cause the pixel colours to be off.

jon19

New elf
Thats for the replies. I did update the firmware so I suspect its just my being unable to program it properly as a newbie. Thank you!

Phrog30

New elf
"i13" is correct. Setting 512 channels to each universe will not work, period. This bites users all of the time.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk