Animatronic Ghoul

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
tuppetsdad said:
Bundy Roy thanks for the info on the eyes but your average Owl also does not talk to you either... 8)
LIKE.jpg

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
So many questions.

What triggers him to talk (motion sensor?)

How do you waterproof him (lives under a roof?)

Does he eat Spiders?

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
He is really a remote controlled puppet... we have a DMX console connected and have set up the interface so we can control the eyes and mouth. There are 7 servos and a few lights, some fancy software to interface to DMX and control the servos (Offsets, travel limits speed etc)) .

We have an integrated IP camera, microphone and speakers which all connect back via Ethernet to our home network'

So idea is we can use an IPAD / Notebook to look at people walking past and to talk remotely to them and then we can control the Owl as well to simulate him talking.

Should be fun.

Next year we will probably make him interactive and build in some intelligence but a lot to do just for Halloween!

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
And Bundy Roy he does not eat spiders (he could be a snack as he is only 400mm high and the spiders - we have several - are 4m in diameter). He will be reasonably waterproof (outer layer is Coro) but we won't put him out in the rain and he does have a motion sensor but we probably won't use it. 8)

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Now he looks like an Owl
Owl-Head.gif

...or maybe an Angry Bird

Lots of work to do yet on eyes

This has been a nice project to improve my Coro and 3D design and printing skills. Now I really need to get some Latex so I can make the area around his eyes flexible. Then add eye lids. After this move onto fitting out the inside and maybe painting. Oh what a joy 8)