Another DMX to 2801 module

G

GoofyGuy

ѕυρєямαη said:
GoofyGuy said:
I know this is an old topic but I'm curious to the setup of said controllers.

I'm getting more and more into using the 2801 pixels but getting a controller as there are so many out there is the confusing part to me. Ill be running on a LOR network as well.

These as stated above strip out the channels as they move along. So If I'm understanding this correctly if I get the 128 channel version which is roughly 42 pixels even if I only use say 30 pixels or 90 channels, my next Dmx controller will need to be setup at channel 129 correct? If that is correct as well when using these controllers for an entire network how do you setup the second controller to understand its channel 129?

Hi,
I have been talking to Ray about these, First thing is they are more suited to 2801 strip then 2801 Pixels as the voltage input for them is 8v-15v.
From what he tells me if you get the 128ch versions and put them in series on the same universe the second one will know to start at channel 129. This is the bit that remains to be seen.
I am getting some of these to test but not for a month or so.

Thats the part that puzzles me. As I hate to be told the system will know . . . really will it really know? You are going to play with them in a month or so, lucky I have 8 more to go before I need to worry about it. Im already getting the sequencing worked out so waiting for the hardware is no big deal.

My goal is 3 2810 strips or pixels, makes no difference to me which way I go as they will all be straight runs. I appreciate any input you add to this or Ill just bug you in a month if you have come up with the answers.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
GoofyGuy said:
ѕυρєямαη said:
GoofyGuy said:
I know this is an old topic but I'm curious to the setup of said controllers.

I'm getting more and more into using the 2801 pixels but getting a controller as there are so many out there is the confusing part to me. Ill be running on a LOR network as well.

These as stated above strip out the channels as they move along. So If I'm understanding this correctly if I get the 128 channel version which is roughly 42 pixels even if I only use say 30 pixels or 90 channels, my next Dmx controller will need to be setup at channel 129 correct? If that is correct as well when using these controllers for an entire network how do you setup the second controller to understand its channel 129?

Hi,
I have been talking to Ray about these, First thing is they are more suited to 2801 strip then 2801 Pixels as the voltage input for them is 8v-15v.
From what he tells me if you get the 128ch versions and put them in series on the same universe the second one will know to start at channel 129. This is the bit that remains to be seen.
I am getting some of these to test but not for a month or so.

Thats the part that puzzles me. As I hate to be told the system will know . . . really will it really know? You are going to play with them in a month or so, lucky I have 8 more to go before I need to worry about it. Im already getting the sequencing worked out so waiting for the hardware is no big deal.

My goal is 3 2810 strips or pixels, makes no difference to me which way I go as they will all be straight runs. I appreciate any input you add to this or Ill just bug you in a month if you have come up with the answers.

I'm of the same opinion about "it just knows"and thats the trouble. sometimes you just have dive into it and check these things. I'm working on a plan plan B before I order any.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
These are supposed to strip off the channels that are used so the next controller will have a start address of 1 but actually be 129 if they are 128 channel controllers. This is what i have heard but I do know if this is 100% correct as there were members who were using these that had some difficulties with getting the second one to respond. If you were planning on committing to buy these then i would test 2 first to see if this is a correct assumption that they will strip off the previously used channels.