1. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Another DMX to 2801 module

Discussion in 'RGB Lights - Intelligent Pixels and 3-Channel RGB' started by Timon, Jun 22, 2011.

1. GoofyGuy

GoofyGuy Guest

Thats the part that puzzles me. As I hate to be told the system will know . . . really will it really know? You are going to play with them in a month or so, lucky I have 8 more to go before I need to worry about it. Im already getting the sequencing worked out so waiting for the hardware is no big deal.

My goal is 3 2810 strips or pixels, makes no difference to me which way I go as they will all be straight runs. I appreciate any input you add to this or Ill just bug you in a month if you have come up with the answers.

2. Superman

Superman I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious Global Moderator

Find Me On:
    I'm of the same opinion about "it just knows"and thats the trouble. sometimes you just have dive into it and check these things. I'm working on a plan plan B before I order any.

3. fasteddy

fasteddy I have C.L.A.P Global Moderator Generous Elf

Find Me On:
    These are supposed to strip off the channels that are used so the next controller will have a start address of 1 but actually be 129 if they are 128 channel controllers. This is what i have heard but I do know if this is 100% correct as there were members who were using these that had some difficulties with getting the second one to respond. If you were planning on committing to buy these then i would test 2 first to see if this is a correct assumption that they will strip off the previously used channels.