Any experience with RGBW + UV addressable lights?

Cornelius

New elf
I wanted to experiment incorporating UV LEDs into projects and a manufacturer says this strip has UV capabilities: LINK

I'm not sure if anyone else had any experience with "Black Light / UV" addressable LED strips. I'd like to avoid 5V if possible for longer runs.

Thanks

My pixel controller is a PixLite 4 MKII

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
I've had a quick look online and it's going to take a lot of hunting to find addressable UV strip if it does exist.
The link that you've included doesn't look like it has UV SMD LEDs on there. It only looks like a white and RGB LEDs.

Your best option might be for dumb UV strip and a dumb RGB controller connected to your PixLite 4.

In terms of what UV light is like; It's not the best for large area or if you have bright RGB pixels nearby. When I use UV lamps at Halloween cobwebs glow brightly but that is in pitch dark.
With a street light or other lights nearby the effect isn't going to be bright.

Cornelius

New elf
I've had a quick look online and it's going to take a lot of hunting to find addressable UV strip if it does exist.
The link that you've included doesn't look like it has UV SMD LEDs on there. It only looks like a white and RGB LEDs.

Thanks, I did the same. Apparently, this supplier is able to replace the white SMD with UV SMD. So I'm assuming when I send a white channel it will come out as UV. I'm okay with that and these will be for an indoor portion of space, so low light is fine. Hopefully, I can make this happen, if not, I'll definitely buy some dump UV strips and put them next to WS2811 or something similar.