Anybody ever return anything to Ray Wu?

nutz4lights

Full time elf
So... major bonehead move... it looks like I ordered the wrong pixel strings... and 48 of them to boot... When I ordered my "tester" strings earlier this year, I tried out 25cm (10") pixel spacing for these trees I intend to wrap. The 25cm pixel spacing wrapped the tree just fine, but I had too much voltage drop, so I intended to go with a smaller spacing and I was thinking about 15-17cm (6-7" basically). Well, for some reason that I can't even begin to fathom... I ordered 10cm (4") spacing... the standard spacing that Ray sells... These are the pixels:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/12mm-smart-LED-pixel-module-WS-2811IC-DC5V-input-50pcs-a-string-IP68-in-all-white/701799_683076629.html

I just went out to start wrapping my trees tonight (there are 10 of them) and these strings just aren't going to work without a ton of cutting, splicing, soldering shrink-wrapping, etc... which I just don't have time to do.

Has anybody ever tried to return stuff to Ray? I understand about the shipping being expensive, but at this point I don't care... The only thing custom about these was that I ordered them with the white 3-core pigtails.

Thanks... Might as well throw this out there... anybody state-side want to buy these for some smaller percentage lower than Ray charges?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
hmmmm, never heard of a return with the purchaser making the error. Im sure there are people here who have returned items that were faulty or wrong ones delivers, but not sure if it was your own error.

Maybe give him an email and ask, since it is normal spacing, he may be able to assist.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
That's what I'm figuring... but people make mistakes from time to time too ;)

I'd be willing to pay a restocking fee and the return shipping... and I'd be placing another order immediately with the correct spacing (and another multi-thousand dollar order in the coming month or so for additional pixels for the rest of my display). I'm hoping that he might be willing to work with me. For the restocking fee and the return shipping, I'd much rather just sell them to someone looking for a slightly better deal on pixels though... but it'd probably only be worth it to a person in the U.S.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
nutz4lights said:
That's what I'm figuring... but people make mistakes from time to time too ;)

I'd be willing to pay a restocking fee and the return shipping... and I'd be placing another order immediately with the correct spacing (and another multi-thousand dollar order in the coming month or so for additional pixels for the rest of my display). I'm hoping that he might be willing to work with me. For the restocking fee and the return shipping, I'd much rather just sell them to someone looking for a slightly better deal on pixels though... but it'd probably only be worth it to a person in the U.S.

Yeah definately wont be cost effective for us in Australia, but, definately for those in the US and Canada.

Speak with Ray, and see what he says, im sure he will be able to give some assistance, especially if you have ordered before from him and have immediate plans for the future also.

dougd

Full time elf
Where were you a week ago. I ordered 60 sets of 5 volt nodes last weekend. Haven't gotten them yet though, he hasnt even notified me he has shipped them yet. Find out what the hit might be and you can probably sell them and not take a big of a loss.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Your chances of getting Ray to take them back are next to zero. Your chances of someone buying them from you here on ACL however are fairly excellent. Make a post with specs and a price and I am pretty sure you will get rid of them within days. The cost of return freight will rule out returning them to Ray even if he would accept them.