Anybody heard from Ed lately?

nutz4lights

Full time elf
...Just curious... he offered to upgrade the one p12r controller I had to the p12s capability after I purchased seven p12s controllers. I sent him the part of the p12r that gets exchanged to make it a p12s, that was in March time-frame. At first I was getting email responses, but the last 2-3 months, nothing, not a single email response. At this point, I can deal with just having the p12r level of capability... the only reason I took him up on the offer is that he was doing it for free since I purchased all of those p12s controllers right when they came out...

Any quick "yes, no, maybe" y'all can offer would be great.

Thanks,

-Louie in Melbourne (Florida!)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
I spoke to him only 2 weeks ago I would try emailing him again if you have any more issues just email me and I will ask him for you

nutz4lights

Full time elf
I emailed him again last night just asking for the original card back. We'll see... it's only a couple weeks til I start with the Halloween stuff...

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
I emailed him a few months ago when I was looking to get a controller. Got an email back from him almost straight away even though by my calculations it was something like 3am his time. I was very impressed. I also emailed him back to thank him for his time and to let him know I was going to get a controller in Australia as it wasn't much dearer and had local support. He then emailed me back and said no worries, he understood where I was coming from. Seems like a really good bloke to me.

nzlongfellow

Dennis from NZ
I had the pleasure of spending time with Ed in his home earlier this year.
We went through the P12 and other stuff. Just lots going on at that time for him with new projects and the like. Guess it has not changed.
You could always PM Andy Harrison as they spend a lot of time together.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
I ended up receiving a shipment notification from j1sys today and will post in once the unit arrives... not sure if it was my email or the post here that triggered that, but I'm happy to get the card back either way.

dariansdad

New elf
nzlongfellow said:
I had the pleasure of spending time with Ed in his home earlier this year.
We went through the P12 and other stuff. Just lots going on at that time for him with new projects and the like. Guess it has not changed.
You could always PM Andy Harrison as they spend a lot of time together.
We just had our fall mini. Andy said he was in Knoxville where Ed lives, emailed him several times, and still went home empty handed. Ed keeps saying next week. I went a to his a couple of months ago to pick up my P12S. He had a lot on the plate at the time. Don't know what's going on now though.

warsome

Wires? who needs wires!
I had lots of emails going back and forth with him about the 14-15th of September.. but then just as I was about to finalize the order he has gone Dark. I worked out the difference form his price sheet and sent the money to him on the 16th but I haven't heard from him in two weeks now, even after sending a few emails..

its unusual, normally he is quite responsive..

Im getting a little worried because I need to go overseas soon and I need the stuff here so I can finish my pre-build.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Hey all,

Just wanted to follow up that the last email I sent (or some help from folks around here!) was enough to get my long lost card returned to me from Ed @ J1SYS. Not only that, but Ed ended up sending a p12D back to me instead of a p12S (to upgrade my p12R), so I guess I got a decent upgrade to boot! He also sent along a cool little J1SYS pen with a built in LED light... not pixel controlled, just white ;)

Only down-side is now I have to figure out how to use the p12D... time to go through warsome's thread posted here that covers all of the jumper settings, etc... I only need single-ended outputs since I have these darn controllers sprinkled all throughout my display...

Take Care,

-Louie in Melbourne (Florida!)

warsome

Wires? who needs wires!
yeah my thread should cover it all, they are very easy to use once you get your head around it,
Just change the jumper settings as per Ed's notes I posted.

--I got an email form him after I posted here, so I hope that means he will ship soon, I fly out in 2 weeks and then ill only be back just in-time to build my display then I fly out again for a week.