Anyone for a sleigh ride?

scamper

Dedicated elf
So, my plan was to get back to finish my mega tree, I have all the strings wired up, I have concreted a spigot into the ground and have painted the poles. But I need to make the base and top. I went and purchased the flat bar and did all the calculation, when a voice from nowhere (actually my wife) says...
"when are you going to build my sleigh, I need time to paint and decorate it!"
So my Saturday turned from metal work into wood work, just like that.
With just a photo from the internet, I must say, it is not too bad a job :D
Now.. back to the megatree 8)

Attachments

• IMG_4913.JPG
    IMG_4913.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4920.JPG
    IMG_4920.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 101

scamper

Dedicated elf
A nice coat of santas favourite colour.
now for the reindeer ???

Attachments

• IMG_4977.JPG
    IMG_4977.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 66

scamper

Dedicated elf
Guess what! I had to cut out the reindeer today!
I did 2, as that is all the ply I had, But I have been told that I need to get more!
We will see how long it takes to paint them and if she still wants more after that :D

Attachments

• IMG_5006.JPG
    IMG_5006.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 54

scamper

Dedicated elf
he painting is pretty much done. I have decided that the sleigh is an excellent place to hide some controllers, power supplies and the like so I will remove the seat and install them when I attach the lights and then it will be ready for setup.

Attachments

• IMG_5099.JPG
    IMG_5099.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_5096.JPG
    IMG_5096.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 39

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
That looks really good. You are making me want to have one again. I just threw out my sleigh last month. It was a little bit busted.

MarcD

Full time elf
Nice job. I'm extremely jealous of your reindeer. Make sure you add lots of support under the sleigh. Last year we had up to six adults on board ours at once. The family thought I was crazy adding a timber frame under it, but changed their tune once they saw people clambering all over it.

scamper

Dedicated elf
MarcD said:
Nice job. I'm extremely jealous of your reindeer. Make sure you add lots of support under the sleigh. Last year we had up to six adults on board ours at once. The family thought I was crazy adding a timber frame under it, but changed their tune once they saw people clambering all over it.
That is why I hadn't put it out yet. I only just tipped it up and run 90x45 timber bracing underneath.
I have installed the speaker and front and rear lights now, so it will be going out on Sunday :D