1. Hello Christmas Expo attendees, welcome to AusChristmasLighting!
    Download your copy of the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual (free account required)
    Introduce yourself and tell us about your display plans
  2. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

Anyone have problems when running an ECG without all universes enabled?

Discussion in 'EthConGateway by Joshua 1 Systems' started by dmoore, Dec 12, 2010.

1. dmoore

dmoore Senior Elf

When I was setting up last week, I updated my firmware to 1.3.1 and setup my ECG so that only universes 1-6 were outputting data since I only use 1-6. I figured this would put less load on the unit. I did this by not configuring those outputs and by not checking the ACT box. What it appears happened was that universe 6 would have issues with output for reasons I couldn't explain. At that point I was not sure if this was a ECG or LSP issue and downgraded the firmware and it still happened. Updated the firmware back to 1.3.1 and then decided to just enable the 7&8th universes even though I was not using them. It *seems* this was the solution for my problem. Now I have not had time to go back and do additional testing to be 100% sure so I just wanted to throw this out there in the off case someone else was seeing the same thing.

Again, I'm not 100% sure this is a "real" issue, just a possiblity. Ed seems to right some pretty tight code so I suspect I maybe wrong. :D

2. mschell

mschell Full Time Elf

I've got a 8 slave unit, but am only enabling and driving 4 of the 8. In fact, it's not even the first 4, but I think, 1,2 and 5,6 currently sending out data and connected to controllers.

Haven't seen any major issues, that I'm aware of...but then again, I'm only driving about 40-50 channels (or less) on each of those 4 universes.

I'm still running the original 1.3 code on the ECG - never upgraded to the 1.3.1. LSP 1.8 - editing with latest version, but I think my show computer is still one rev back.