Anyone having issues with LSP 2.5 and Windows 8 ?

Discussion in 'LightShow Pro (LSP)' started by Wolfieee, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Wolfieee

Wolfieee New Elf

I downloaded a copy of Windows 8 the other day. The upgrade price is fanastic. I haven't had to many issues with using LSP at all until today. I'm getting major slow downs and lockup which lead to crashs.

I guess it's could be because I have lots of transitions and marcos, maybe that could be causing the problems? I have no issues when I first start out it's when I get to finishing the last few elements it has problems.

Wondering if it is just me or is anyone else having issues. Was doing something similar on Windows 7 as well but that was more to do with copy and pasting stuff.

I love Windows 8 but if the slow up keep happening I might have to revert back to 7 again. :(

Here's hoping it's only a memory issue cause I have plenty of room for more of that :)

2. Beacy

Beacy It's so much better on the dark side

Firstly there is no way on earth I would change anything on my system with 4 weeks to light up even a LSP update. Nor would I expect anyone else would. You are a game person loading win8

3. logandc99

logandc99 Dedicated Elf

Find Me On:
    Lock ups, slow downs and crashes..... That's any version of windows! :)
    (Just a damn shame they don't make these lights to music software for Mac)

4. OP
    OP
    Wolfieee

Wolfieee New Elf

I have another laptop with windows 7 on it so all is good it's just a little older then the one I use now. Wll be using the old for running the show for now. Just wanted to see if anyone else had problems. Could just be my computer too. Maybe a re-install might be the go.

I've had no issues so far with Windows 8. Time will tell.

I so would get a MAC if it had half the stuff on it that I use. It's a wonder they don't have something for MAC's already for lighting. They do graphic stuff very well.

5. burner

burner Full Time Elf

Are you able to change the compatibility settings on the LSP application to run as Windows 7 or XP and see if that's any better? According to M$, Windows 7 apps should run fine on Windows 8 machines. Perhaps you've found an exception to the rule?

Windows 7 for me hasn't crashed in the 1,000 devices I support. Any issues I've had with them are mainly due to hard disk errors. LSP crashes on the other hand....well.