ANZAC Day Prop

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
As our Aussie mates know ANZAC day is on the 25th April and this is a day when our country comes together to celebrate those that have served and fallen in wars and peace keeping operations; due to New Zealand being in lockdown (due to the Covid-19 virus) there will be no public Anzac Day parades this year.

We are going to have a week longer at level 4 in NZ making it 5 weeks in total then some slightly relaxed rules after that, so I thought that a small prop in the yard would at least recognise the day in some small way.

Drawn it up tonight off an image that is widely used for tattoos and should look OK with the lights highlighting the fern & border.

Attachments

• ANZAC.png
    ANZAC.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 20

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
That would look pretty damn good. Have you thought about making it a box frame so you can back light through the cut outs as well?

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
That would look pretty damn good. Have you thought about making it a box frame so you can back light through the cut outs as well?

I did think about that today, I'll see how I go for time but it would show up the silhouettes better for sure. I'm just doing a very quick sequence now with blue on the fern apart from 4 magenta pixels for the servicewomen & red white and blue border.

kevr

Full time elf
Generous elf
Little bit of progress today and a couple of woopsies on the CNC, I have a very limited amount of coro left from my Christmas projects so I'm having to make do with scarps I have on hand.

Got a 1 minute sequence sorted with a small matrix to display the ANZAC verse, I will push in the couple of hundred pixels in tomorrow.

Photo just has a torch in the back of the unfinished prop.

Attachments

• 20200422_211254_resized.jpg
    20200422_211254_resized.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 21