Arches - LDPE Tubing (Air Seeder)

Xmas_Wanders

Outer Melb East, Vic
Well I'm using this 32mm ID 38mm OD LDPE Air Seeder Hose - Clear (But its frosted white color tubing though) from Ebay.

But this company has actually factory to purchase them from them directing.
They're base in Melbourne, in Dandenong South.
So I had email them beforehand to check if they have any in stock and then went down next day to pick up the roll.

I'll post some photos of it soon too.

So its me and Rudolph working on this project together, getting our Arches done for both of our displays.

Heres the link.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Air-Seeder-LDPE-Hose-32mm-x-38mm-POLYETHYLENE-tube-grain-fertilizer-seeds-clear-/271787936343?hash=item3f47d2ca57:g:4yEAAOSwe-FU7qXZ

Xmas.Wanders

Red

l kill you
this is the actual tube, in demo form, l heated it a a boiling water pot for less than a minute, pushed it on the steel section, removed it when it cooled completely, and it held it shape, perfectly,

Attachments

• 20160801_120458.jpg
    20160801_120458.jpg
    750.2 KB · Views: 395

DavidJ247

Full time elf
I can vouch for this tube too, it works really well. As an added bonus, I found I did not need to mould/reshape the tube, building 1.5m wide arches (2.5m of tube) it comes off the roll in the perfect shape.

i13

Dedicated elf
Do you think this tubing would work for larger arches? I am hoping to get some tubing for driveway arches which will be about 4 metres wide.

Thanks for posting this. I knew the tubing existed but haven't come across anyone who has it and knows its exact properties.

Red

l kill you
Xmas Wand is cutting his acrhes this weekend, l,ll try and get him to post one in an arch position standing if that helps

Red

l kill you
and if any enterprising 3D printer operator was lookin to make a little extra on the side, this product would go really well with a good base mount produced to fitt exactly inside this tube, with cable outlet and peg holes to stake to ground

Just thought, :D :D

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Rudolph said:
and if any enterprising 3D printer operator was lookin to make a little extra on the side, this product would go really well with a good base mount produced to fitt exactly inside this tube, with cable outlet and peg holes to stake to ground

Just thought, :D :D
Rudolf, I searched far and wide to find the right bits to make bases only to end up back at my local Bunnings buying common off the shelf conduit parts, lol. I found that 32mm electrical conduit fits snug inside this tube. I made bases with 32mm inspection 'T's and conduit stabilising legs which can be staked into the ground if required. I'm out just now but later on I'll post some pics of the finished arches, really pleased with how they turned out.

Red

l kill you
be really great if u could, l can fab from steel, but lam also open for easier ways too

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Here are a few pics of my arches made using the Esdan 32/38mm air seeder tube. As mentioned before, I found that 32mm electrical conduit and fittings are a good match for this tube.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 514
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 513
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 512
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 534

Kitman

Full time elf
I contacted this place a while ago regarding this tube, however I don't have time to make any arches for this xmas so I have given it a miss for now, however the freight quote I got for shipping to SA was $40, half the cost of the actual product. Little disappointing but considering the size I guess not that bad.

Certainly be interested to see how you go making smaller or larger arches with it, but good to see that we can get some standard electrical fittings that will fit nicely.

I did find another place in SA that sells this same product, however they want $142.00 for a 20 meter roll (which is currently on special) so still cheaper with freight.