Arches - LDPE Tubing (Air Seeder)

damona

Full time elf
Wonder what bullet leds look like inside. As it looks like you lose some of the resolution of the strip so does not need to be as 30 led per m

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Bridgette said:
Hey David, your arches are looking great, could I get the width and height of you please.... :)
Thanks Bridgette, glad I could share. My arches use 2.5m of tube with a 1.5m bar between the two ends and stand around 1.1m high. Keen to see your build, keep us posted.

damona

Full time elf
Any chance you could load them will bullet led nodes, or would it be too hard to pull them through.

Just think that bullets, would last longer as they would handle movement better? Or not bright enough?

adski

Dave Brown
For South Australians, there's an industrial hose supplier in Port Adelaide who will do a cash deal on LDPE air seeder hose. They don't stock it but there's obviously a local wholesaler where they can get it in quickly.

Austrahose (SA), 9-11 Endeavour Drive, Port Adelaide.
30m roll of 32mm hose for $150 cash - no delivery fee required.
Ask for Adam on 08 8240 0003 and tell him you want it for Christmas lights.
They can get the 25mm, but it's not a lot cheaper.
The roll is a bit under 1200mm in diameter and about 150mm thick, so will fit in a decent sized station wagon or on a roof rack - I took a trailer, but didn't need it.

2016-08-30 14.45.58-a.jpg

A quick test with no tension on the strip - good diffusion where the strip sits at the back of the hose.

2016-09-01 18.44.54-a.jpg

The diffusion looks even better to the eye.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
DavidJ247 said:
I guess the real test will be when the arches are out out in the yard in December in the summer sun?? I don't expect there will be any UV issues, this stuff is made for use on farm machinery/headers and such so it would have to be UV stable, but how much it will soften in the hot sun I don't know.

So how did these arches hold up after December David? I'm sure a few are keen to know :)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Ah. I read both threads as they link each other now - got confused!!

Lishfish

Full time elf
For South Australians, there's an industrial hose supplier in Port Adelaide who will do a cash deal on LDPE air seeder hose. They don't stock it but there's obviously a local wholesaler where they can get it in quickly.

Austrahose (SA), 9-11 Endeavour Drive, Port Adelaide.
30m roll of 32mm hose for $150 cash - no delivery fee required.
Ask for Adam on 08 8240 0003 and tell him you want it for Christmas lights.
They can get the 25mm, but it's not a lot cheaper.
The roll is a bit under 1200mm in diameter and about 150mm thick, so will fit in a decent sized station wagon or on a roof rack - I took a trailer, but didn't need it.
This place still do this?