Are you considering Moving Heads for your Light Display.

Gilrock

Full time elf
I got my branch pushed to GitHub so if I get hit by a bus my couple hundred hours of work won't be lost. I swear this Moving Head work was as much time as it took me to get the initial 3D stuff working.

I did a big write-up to try to let everyone know of the work left to be done, things that might be glitchy, and a write-up of how to setup the model and use the new effect:
Moving Head Status

gregor

New elf
That is interesting about the local law enforcement folks and, I have no idea, but it seems they could have you stop as a traffic distraction of some sort but not for aviation. I am a commercial pilot and instructor, my wife is also an instructor and is also rated in helicopters. It's the lasers that is the issue, the "spot lights" have been around for ages and never a bother unless you are on short final to land, and that would be on the airport grounds. The buildings around LAX and many of the big airports already have spot lights aimed straight up. I can't even remember a time where these lights were a problem even on approach.