Asking for Constructive insults please

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Last edited:

scamper

Dedicated elf
Sorry but I didn't watch it all.
personally I like to see at least an outline of your house/yard to see what is what.
To me it just looked like random lights and videos playing.
With a bit more detail on your yard I may be able to get a better idea on what is happening.
otherwise, maybe have some of your elements turned on at a low value with a different layer adding to the effect.
Like I said though, not knowing your layout makes it very hard to see what you are trying to achieve

ezellner

Full time elf
I applaud your effort at sequencing all of your elements. I'd be overwhelmed with that many lights to sequence. Personally, I try to have elements connected to certain instruments or sub beats in the music, sort of like an orchestra or band playing where each element has a role. I had some difficulty knowing where to look with all that was happening. Although that might prompt me to come back again to see it again and note things I missed. When adding an effect to a tree, I make sure the effect covers the entire tree before the effect ends. For example, you have a wash or pulse that starts at the bottom of the megatrees and goes up but it ends about 2/3 of the way up. I would speed up the effect so it goes from bottom to top in the time available.