Attaching conduit frames to a flat rendered surface

Discussion in 'How is my display put together...' started by coopz05, Sep 16, 2013.

1. coopz05

coopz05 Apprentice Elf

Hey guys,

Moving into our new place this year and was curious if anyone has any ideas how I can attach my window/door/borders frames to the front of my new place that is totally rendered flat.

I saw another thread that shows cable tie mounts which looks like a great idea, and I assume these would work, but can someone tell me if they are easy to remove without leaving silicone residue etc on the house afterwards?

It s a brand new home so I know the Mrs wouldnt wont them on the home all year, nor do I want to deal with the conversation if its ruins the render. lol.

Any better ideas?

For the sake of the argument just visualise a totally flat rendered wall, and that I want to attach a square frame made out of conduit to to it, without damaging it when I remove it.

No screws. lol.

2. burner

burner Full Time Elf

Not sure if it's helpful or not, but in my place I have a bagged finished front, and I put in the green spaghetti into certain area's with iBolts screwed into them. I then use string to hold everything up. After the season ends I put in a large head screw, which has been coloured the same as the bagging.

You may be able to find a push in, button from a cabinet maker, a similar colour to your render. Not too sure about drilling into the render though, never tried it before.