attempt to harvest details or a genuine email?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I got an email from ******enna@hotmail.com . The text of it is below.

Dear LSPro user: An audit of the LightShowPro licensing system has determined that the e-mail that you used to purchase the LSPro system does not exist under your userid in the LSPro forum. It is entirely possible that you have changed your e-mail address or used a different one when you registered in the forum. The purpose of the audit was to insure that you had the proper access rights in the forum but without a valid forum user name or e-mail address we are not able to update your access rights. If you respond to this e-mail giving us the userid that you sign on with when you connect to the forum and we will update your access immediately. SincerelyMinleonusa
I don't use the forum and won't reply to an unsolicited email with any sort of forum login details. Does anyone know if this is a poorly executed genuine email (@hotmail rather than @minleon is suspect imho) or if it is an attempt to harvest details especially after LSP had a website hack recently?

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
not saying yay or nah to the email you received. (I havent received one myself)

but on the LSP website this is one of the important messages on the front page of the forum

All licensed users of LSP should have access to the project system where you can review the reported issues and suggested feature requests. We have completed an audit of e-mails but if the e-mail you used to pay for the software with was different than the one you have in your LSP profile your access would not have been updated; so if you have a licensed copy of LSP and don't have access to the project system please send a PM here and once verified your access will be promptly updated.

Think this may be one to ask on the LSP forum to get a straight answer.

mmulvenna

Apprentice elf
It was entirely genuine. Since the majority of work on the LSP forum is performed entirely by volunteers none of us have minleon e-mail acccess.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention and I will address with Minleon. I have sent thousands of e-mails to to LSP users from this address.

Other users have complained about very impersonal e-mails coming from Minleon so this one came from me.

I apologize for the issue, it is only an attempt to give users the proper form access to the project system which had been mostly ignored by the previous owner.

If you would prefer just send a PM as is indicated in a notice at the top of the LSP forum. Without it I cant grant proper access to the project system where you can review reported issues and suggested features.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I can vouch for Mike and the email is from him. I knew the emails were starting to go out, so probably shoud have let people know.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Nice to hear that it was a genuine email and not an attempt at harvesting. Until I start using lsp for anything other than testing I don't need access to the forum. Any problem I will just nag fasteddy in chat. That's what he is here for :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AAH said:
Nice to hear that it was a genuine email and not an attempt at harvesting. Until I start using lsp for anything other than testing I don't need access to the forum. Any problem I will just nag fasteddy in chat. That's what he is here for :)

Im sure you will Alan. :D