Attempts at pixels with an RPI-28D+ is not going to plan

eman

New elf
Hey guys,

Has been quite a while since I was last on here. Have been controlling my dumb LEDs with a DC controller and Vixen, but its time to venture into Pixels.

I've decided to go down the 5v route, and am testing with a string of 50 5v leds from Ray, a RPI-28D+ with a 3B+ and xLights. Just trying to get some lights blinking to start with but that seems to be a bit more difficult than I had planned. This is my second attempt at this after buying the gear over a year ago, determined to get it working this time.

It is wired similar to Alan's manual, however using a 5v PSU to power both the Pi and Pixels in the appropriate sockets, and lights connected to Port 2 (purple)
wiring.png
I've checked and made sure the Data arrow is the correct way also

Running FPP version 4.4, I can't remember why I selected this but happy to change. I've tried about 6 different versions now

Inputs are configured below, these seem to come through from xlights
inputs.png

My only outputs are configured in Pi Pixel Strings, and these change according to whatever changes I make in xlights
outputs.png
FPP is in bridge mode, and when I hit the output to lights in xlights, I can see packets increasing in the fpp status page

xlights config
xlights.pngxlights2.png

Hit Output to lights and lights don't change. Have 5v at the + of the lights, data doesn't seem to change voltage.
Also tried the FPP test when in player mode but again nothing happens.

I've spent days going around in circles, googling and have finally resorted to calling in the big guns. Any help would be greatly appreciated, hoping it is something simple!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
It's too late at night for me to make sense of anything at all.
If you have no luck getting 1 of my boards going within minutes then reach out to me. I'm always happy to work on getting someone going. A couple minute teamviewer session will get most things sorted pretty quick. The zoom room for xlights is an amazing source of help but I'm very rarely there.
My email and website is on every pcb and my phone number is on all my manuals for a reason. I want people to get going as easy as possible.
My initial thoughts are that there could be something configured wrong on 1 of the other FPP screens. I can't recall what versions of FPP need to have the universes defined on the E1.31 outputs tab. Adding or making sure that there is 1 there is where I would start. I would also duplicate the 50 pixels across both outputs until you have lights working.

eman

New elf
All sorted thanks Alan, everything was setup correctly, just a simple issue on my part in xlights. More haste less speed!

This thread is very old. An answer might not be needed anymore.