Audio Mixers etc (hardware)

kane

Dedicated elf
Hey All

Been a bit quiet around here lately - hope everyone has been well!

Just wanted to get some general feedback on mixing of audio signals - both for the display, and also for a separate project.

I currently have the audio output from the show computer connected via a splitter, going to both my FM transmitter, and a small Amplifier that I use to drive a couple outdoor speakers. (no mixer or active electronics or anything) Seems to work fine for what it's used for, so all good. But this year, I will probably be hooking up to one (and possibly three) separate transmitters that are used for silent discos.. Would I be better off looking at some sort of a mixer to do this - either for audio quality or potential interference issues? And if so, would anyone recommend anything in particular for this? So basically one input, up to 5 outputs.

On a related note, if you had two inputs (one being music from an ipod or similar, and another being a wireless microphone receiver) that you wanted to merge into one output - can anyone recommend a cost-effective mixer (or other device) that would achieve this nicely?

Thanks heaps for any input - bit of an unknown area for me!

Kane

scamper

Dedicated elf
Splitting the signal once you could get away with, but any more and you are going to be changing the impedance of the signal and end up with some distortion or at the very least a drop in signal level.
There is a place in Cannington that may be able to help you out at a reasonable price.
https://www.storedj.com.au/
you can buy online, but if you want to check it out they have all the gear there. And I was told if you ring up they will quite often give you a cheaper price and most of the stuff is shipped for free.