AussieDoug's 2015 Show

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Nice Display again this year Doug. I bet the people of Gladstone were happy to it again.

What did you use for your two matrix's?

Cheers,

Bevo

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Bevo said:
Nice Display again this year Doug. I bet the people of Gladstone were happy to it again.
What did you use for your two matrix's?
Cheers,
Bevo

Yeah, a lot of people said it was better then last year. Once I sorted out all the bugs of swapping to xlights & using the PI / FPP.

Top matrix is 34 x 24, 12v 2811 nodes
Big one is 30 x 150, 12v INK 1003 strip

The videos do them absolutely no justice at all.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
Job well done you must have your power injection down pat to have full white like that with no flicker or dimming looks awesome

AussieDoug

Full time elf
arw01 said:
All done in xlights Doug, or you converted your lsp sequence into fseq and played it on the pi?

Everything was in XLights this year. That show took 3 days to put together. I had dance of the sugar plum playing for a week & drove me insane. So made this mix on a Sunday & had it playing by Wednesday.

gerry said:
very nice Doug - is this all your place or did you have the neighbor's place sequenced as well ?

This is just our house.

logandc99 said:
Very nice display. Those cart wheels look massive. Very cool.

The BIG arches are 5m diameter (16')

lizardking(adam) said:
Job well done you must have your power injection down pat to have full white like that with no flicker or dimming looks awesome

There is so much power injection. Something I forgot to do was wind a few of the new PSU's up to 12.5v to counteract a bit of voltage loss. Hence why the arches have a bit of flickering. Only realized after I had taken the video.

Bird

LOR user
Exquisite job again Doug.
Like your over all design layout but favorite part is still the ingenious use of the steps.
You use every surface and leave nothing out. ;)

AussieDoug

Full time elf
Bird said:
Exquisite job again Doug.
Like your over all design layout but favorite part is still the ingenious use of the steps.
You use every surface and leave nothing out. ;)

Thanks, not many people that don't love those steps :)
Every surface might have something on it but there is always room for more ;)

firebug said:
Awesome job Doug! My favorite part was when the lights came on!! :D

That was my favourite part to Bill after the constant troubles that I had for the first 2 weeks.