Aussiephil videos from 2010

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Looks we managed to get some videos uploaded finally.

Now we over-layed to audio onto the video tracks, unfortunately the original video recording captured no audio for me to match with so i've just worked from the first light happening on the tree.

One thing that you will notice is the lack of syncronisation to the traditional beat points, this is done more to vocal points and melody. It is certainly not your traditional blinky flashy.

Track 1 - The Lost Christmas Eve - TSO

Thelostchristmaseve

Track 2 - Jingle Bells
JingleBells

More in next couple posts

Phil

fj

Apprentice elf
been waiting to see your show - wish i could load the videos though, kids have used my download quota for the month by watching youtube videos !! will have to wait until Friday when it gets reset.

how many strings and nodes did you end up putting on your RGB tree?

thanks, scott

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
fj said:
been waiting to see your show - wish i could load the videos though, kids have used my download quota for the month by watching youtube videos !! will have to wait until Friday when it gets reset.

thanks, scott

Scott

Ban youtube except for your personal consumption.....

20 x 112 count strings each using 336 channels in a DMX universe, this gave 2240 nodes on the tree using 20 DMX Universes.

Phil

fj

Apprentice elf
finally got my high-speed back...

great videos phil.

that rgb mega-tree is just something special. everytime i see one in a video it blows me away.

one of those is my target for the 2011 season.

artzy

artzy-Noble Christmas
AussiePhil said:
fj said:

thanks, scott

Scott

Ban youtube except for your personal consumption.....

20 x 112 count strings each using 336 channels in a DMX universe, this gave 2240 nodes on the tree using 20 DMX Universes.

Phil

I am trying to work out how many nodes I would need for my tree. Phil am I correct in remembering each string went up and down, so effectively looks like 40 strings of 56 nodes?

Many thanks

Paul

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Paul

Correct effectively it is 40 strings of 56 Nodes.

The tree will look a lot fuller due to the maple leaf covers over every LED that spread the light out.

Got a couple more vidoes up last night

Here's Carol of the Bells, likely the sequence that is closest to a traditional sequence with many effects happening on/with the beat.

I was explaining in Chat that all my sequencing was done utilising video capture and video editing, this gives the show a completely different look and feel to a traditional sequence done in the Grid with fades and chases, both of which i am huge fan of.

What i tried on a few tracks really didn't work in my eyes but the public didn't seem to notice or care, they still loved it. Even the Carol of the Bells sequence i hated the first few nights but then it grew on me to be one of the favourite sequences.

In the first video i posted weeks ago there is one bit where you have falling white dots from the top of the tree to the bottom, i lost count of the number of people that commented it looked like snow falling.
Well the amusing thing is that in the video sequence it is animated snow falling on a black night sky!

CaroloftheBells

Cheers
Phil

Lionking_Tx

New elf
Great Job Phil - Love your Mega tree!
Pardon me, you probably answere it a 100 times before and it will change with Vixen 3 anyway, but how did you import the video sequence ? That looks awesome.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Great work Phil considering the set backs you had and the late start. Lets hope the software will be more up to it this year and then we can really see you do some magic with that tree.

kel

Dedicated elf
If this was the 2010 vid, as the post title suggests ... I am really looking f'wrd to the 2011 one ... I attempted to tune into the live stream, then realised I was playing your music (and mine) out to the yard ... somehow, the lights were still in sync ... lol

:D