Australian Mini 2011: CALL FOR PRESENTERS AND WORKSHOPS

mrpackethead

Full time elf
Hi,

Nows the time to start thinking; We need Presenters and Workshop runners for the Mini.. Whats the difference between a a workshop and a Presentation.

A presentation is a show and tell, or a talk about a technology or somethign related; Try to keep it to about 30 Minutes; Q&A to follow and that's likely to be another 30minutes or so;

A Workshop is where we call can participate in doing something ( or at least watching )... Length to suit but not all afternoon.

I will be doing one of each for you all.

My Presentation will be about the Gigaforest project and what it took to make it work and what we learned.
The Workshop will be to build a 32 string RGB MegaTree, and to control it with madrix. And we are going to do that in less than one hour.

Please post to the forum, and we'll tranfer stuff over the Wiki as its confirmed.. I'll sort out the program of events once we have got stuff sorted out.

wjohn

Apprentice elf
Presenters and Workshop Leaders,

Could I ask that you prepare any slides or videos required ahead of time and give a copy to Andrew and Me.

We'll publish the material to the ACL wiki, as well as having it available for the Web sharing to remote participants (via WEBEX.com)

thanks

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Place Holder for Confirmed Presentations and Workshops

The official list will be held on the WIKI

Presentations:

The Gigaforest project and what it took to make it work and what we learned.

Workshops:

The Workshop will be to build a 32 string RGB MegaTree, and to control it with madrix. And we are going to do that in less than one hour

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Going to kick the Ideas off

Presentations

DMX, E1.31 protocols - What are they, are they in your future.

LOR - What's new this year and how is it used.

LOR - integrating with other hardware.

Renard - What are the options and integration

Tiger - What are the options and integration

RGB Technology - Just what is it and why do I want it.

Using Pixels - just how does it affect your life, oh wait channel counts.

Sequencing with extreme channels - what are the options.

Vixen - an introduction

LSP - an introduction

Lights - Just how do I light up my house.

Display Design - why do a design and how does it help.

Moving message boards - options and why do you want one.

Comments anyone.

Phil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Im happy to do something on the different types of RGB lights offered and how they can be used. Im open to doing other things as well.

artzy

artzy-Noble Christmas
Dont know if it fits into what Eddy is doing, but would be great to have someone show us different pixel types side by side and explain benefits/controllers etc.

Think this is an area of confusion and progression for many. Perhaps we could get some vendors (Ray Wu, RJ and MPH) to loan/provide samples for demonstration purposes.

Paul

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
artzy said:
Dont know if it fits into what Eddy is doing, but would be great to have someone show us different pixel types side by side and explain benefits/controllers etc.

Think this is an area of confusion and progression for many. Perhaps we could get some vendors (Ray Wu, RJ and MPH) to loan/provide samples for demonstration purposes.

Paul

Pretty much thats what i plan on doing as i believe many would benifit from this

I plan to bring some samples and will work with others to hopefully bring other samples so everyone can have a good look at the differences.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Spoke with Ray Wu a few weeks ago and have arranged for him to send us some pixel based systems to demo at the mini. Will probably get late March and let you know what we have.