Sydney/NSW Australian Sydney Mini 2011

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I actually have no idea who created the jingle bells mix, but i would love to find out

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
Well, while we're talking music ... (silent night)

Does ANYONE else know or have heard the Silent Night descant (counter melody) that I learned as a teenager in the '60s?

I have a lot of fun at Christmas singing and teaching it to people. I will get my friend, a pianist, to lay down a quick track of the melody for you soon ....

Written as foreground/background:

F: Silent Night, Holy Night
B: 'Neath the silent stars a town is sleeping

F: All is calm, all is bright
B: Flocks are safe within the fold, away from hunger, want, and cold

F: Round yon virgin, mother and child,
B: Si-lent, silent night

F: Holy infant so tender and mild
B: Ho-ly, holy night

F: Sleep in heavenly peace
B: Sleep in peace, sleep in heavenly peace

F: Sleep in heavenly peace
B: In peace

I may not have the breaks down right. I tried singing both melodies simultaneously but my tongue went twisted. so then i tried to beat out 4 long measures for each line and match the timing.

-Ed

the fun is now i HAVE to sequence the counter melody on a separate group of lights ....

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
not the same words, tune or timing. i'll look around on youtube also. more later ....

-Ed

kool-lites

Full time elf
Fasteddy said:
I actually have no idea who created the jingle bells mix, but i would love to find out
FE,
You knew it with out knowing it. The Band name is in the Title - Ali a.i.n.
They appear to be a Persian group that do a number of trance tracks with good beats and sing is a lingo I don't understand.
They don't appear to hold copyright over their songs, well at least I couldn't find any notices so downloading off the web should be an issue.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
kool-lites said:
Fasteddy said:
FE,
You knew it with out knowing it. The Band name is in the Title - Ali a.i.n.
They appear to be a Persian group that do a number of trance tracks with good beats and sing is a lingo I don't understand.
They don't appear to hold copyright over their songs, well at least I couldn't find any notices so downloading off the web should be an issue.

When i first found the song i did try to find the source by looking up that name but i found nothing so i didnt bother looking to much further. I must admit i didnt look very hard though as i got it from my brothers techno mixes which are mainly copyright free.
Thanks as its great to know where the mix comes from.