Baldrick down under

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
One option for those using it and wanting to daisy chain is to add a 3 port network switch, which are a couple of dollars from Ali
I don't know how you convince Aliexpress to sell to you for the $2.19 it shows above. I see no 85% off when I click. It's $15.13 which isn't super cheap :( .
Aliexpress and probably ebay have 5 port ethernet switches with power supplies and in cases for similar prices to that $15.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Interesting, viewing it on the PC is showing $15. On my mobile, was 2.19. Maybe it's a new user special or something they dont tell you about o_O
In that case, ignore me ;)

Reactions: AAH

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
Generous elf
The speed of this delivery is awesome, we've also just pushed a new firmware update which introduces "BEST FRIENDS"

The Baldrick8 will look for other Baldrick boards and give them a bit of a health check, we also introduce Test Sync which allows you to synchronise test mode between the boards.
Given how impressed people were with the Falcon Test mode running on my pixels the first year -- synced test mode is such a clever idea. I love it.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Is there any way to install the firmware or do the initial installation offline, ie. never having the board connected to the internet?

domhodgson

New elf
Is there any way to install the firmware or do the initial installation offline, ie. never having the board connected to the internet?

Sadly not, it has to be connected to the internet only once but initially for that first firmware download, there is no SD card or other way of loading it onto the board.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
You ask the guy who imports them and he can do it.

SleighRider

New elf
Got home tonight and found my nice new board waiting for me.
Completed the initial setup including firmware update. Connected to my network and set it up in xlights.
So easy and took less than 10min. Even ran a test sequence on my nice new 36in Star.
No problems so quick and easy.

domhodgson

New elf
Got home tonight and found my nice new board waiting for me.
Completed the initial setup including firmware update. Connected to my network and set it up in xlights.
So easy and took less than 10min. Even ran a test sequence on my nice new 36in Star.
No problems so quick and easy.

Glad to hear it, we've just got a cool new feature on our Alpha testing channel that should be pushed out to release early next week, let me know if you have any issues (or software / feature suggestions) :)

Reactions: AAH

mstan87

New elf
Just ordered one today to test it out, looks like a great little controller, made more sense buying this than ordering a Kulp 8