Baldrick down under

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Just wanted to jump on and let you know about some features we added recently (I believe a few of you are picking up your boards at the upcoming mini).

• Added the 'I broke the network mode' inspired from a suggestion by Alan Hanson (look at that two mentions in two updates). When booting the board, if you press and hold button 1, it will reset all the network settings, go back to DHCP and completely forget that you tried to set a static IP address and got the gateway DNS wrong.
  • When adding a model, the default test colour will now one of several preselected colours rather than just red, is this a laying the groundwork for a new feature coming soon.. who knows.. well, I do but I'm not telling you.
  • The board connects to our update server periodically to check for updates, if it cannot do this, we let you know there may be an issue with your network settings. We will never admit that the problem could be on our side.
  • ⁠Friend scanning - Baldrick will now look for other Baldricks on the network and let you know how they are doing, you can also syncronise your test mode with them.
  • ⁠Add multicast sACN
  • Additions to Artnet / E1.31 compatibility
  • Pixels now start at 1 rather than 0.. causing developers worldwide to cringe but that appears to be the way "It's done"
The board should alert you automatically to update and the release notes are generally at - https://baldrickboard.com/docs/baldrick8/release_notes
Time for me to do another proof read to see if everything has made it into the manual. Not going to happen until next week as I'm prepping to go to the mini on the weekend. Will have some boxed up ready to run Baldricks there. Building up 1 of them may have involved me driving a screwdriver through my left middle finger into the left ring finger. No pain, no gain.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Building up 1 of them may have involved me driving a screwdriver through my left middle finger into the left ring finger.
Screwdrivers are for driving screws in, not screwing yourself by driving it into your fingers .... You're doing it wrong 🤣🤣

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Screwdrivers are for driving screws in, not screwing yourself by driving it into your fingers .... You're doing it wrong 🤣🤣
Next you'll say that you should use a Phillips screwdriver rather than a fine pointed flat blade. You'd be wrong a Phillips would have left 3 bigger holes :p1719482922440.jpeg1719482964917.jpeg

domhodgson

New elf
With the proliferation of segregated show networks, can this nag be turned off? Many people don't have internet accessibility for to their architecture

Likewise with the auto update feature... Can that be disabled? Or is it just a notification that there is one available? (perhaps a front end js query from the admins browser rather than from the devices itself, which is more likely to have internet access)

I'll look to see if we can have a setting to disable it (at the moment it will only show if you've set a static ip address and we cannot find the IP)

re: auto update, there is no auto update (the last thing we want is to push out a broken build before showtime!) there just a notice to say theres an update available and a button to automatically update.

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
These are great little boards.
Easy to setup. like nothing to do, or setup as you want.
I have been playing and it is good, but don't upgrade to 2024.11 it breaks and does not talk to the Baldrick.
2024.10 is fine 2024.11 fails to upload.

domhodgson

New elf
I have been playing and it is good, but don't upgrade to 2024.11 it breaks and does not talk to the Baldrick.

I'll look into that, it hasn't been reported before!

domhodgson

New elf
I'm on 2024.12 and it seems to work.. can you update and if that fails, screenshot your settings and let me know

Attachments

• CleanShot 2024-06-29 at 15.51.31@2x.png
    CleanShot 2024-06-29 at 15.51.31@2x.png
    38 KB · Views: 2

TANSA

Generous elf
All I am doing is clicking the upload button, in the temp environment with only Baldrick on 1.251719698865723.png
All good on 2024.10
And Failed on 2024.11
1719699084219.png
So I just installed 2024.12 and it failed to upload.
1719699412313.png
1719699638275.png

domhodgson

New elf
All I am doing is clicking the upload button, in the temp environment with only Baldrick on 1.25View attachment 26180
All good on 2024.10
And Failed on 2024.11
View attachment 26181
So I just installed 2024.12 and it failed to upload.
View attachment 26182
View attachment 26183

Apologies for this, on windows there is an issue that affects our code in 2024.11 and 2024.12, we've put a ticket in the xLights issues list about it but we've also built a workaround and that has been accepted and merged, presumably this will be out in 2024.13. In the meantime, all we can do is advise sticking with .10 (or switch to Mac as that also works)

TANSA

Generous elf
I started Basic.
Went to DOS
Then moved to Electrical.
Play with 12VDC to 22000VAC
Branched into Lighting automation and PLC's, which most are windows based.
IOS on the phone is great but not for me on a Laptop 🤣
Back to 2024.10

domhodgson

New elf
I started Basic.
Went to DOS
Then moved to Electrical.
Play with 12VDC to 22000VAC
Branched into Lighting automation and PLC's, which most are windows based.
IOS on the phone is great but not for me on a Laptop 🤣
Back to 2024.10

I will say, the M series renders showfiles reallllly nicely