Basic Plan For House Outline

livetoride

Full time elf
Hey everyone, Im just putting in a plan for Our house outline that Im planing to get going this year if it makes it in time for christmas then great if not ill have pleanty of time for next year! Ive posted a picture of what my plans are, I could be way off or getting close so any help would be greatly appreciated!

The diffrent colours in the picture represent diffrent sections of dumb rgbs. If I think Im as far off as Iam ill continue to research more and come back when i got a bit more of a solid plan!

Thanks in Advance!

[attachimg=1]

Attachments

• House Attempt One.jpg
    House Attempt One.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 140

dale82

Senior elf
Are you sure you are using "Dumb" RGB strip with a P12 R controller? Do you have a link to the Lights you are using?

dale82

Senior elf
Mate those are not Dumb strips and you have picked the right controller / lights, you may not need that many power supplies depending on how many meters for Power Injection etc.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Looks good, as dale said, your link is pixels and the controller is a pixel controller :) No dumbRGB there :)

Also as he said, what are the lengths of each output/color? That will determine how many power injections you need.

I would of course try to put the controller central to the start of all the lines.

livetoride

Full time elf
Thanks for pointing that out I don't know what made me think they were dumb!

Longest run will be across the front of the house which was 11 meters! The other runs were about various ranging from 2m- 6m runs!

Controller would be placed on the corner of the house which should in theory be the same distance from both ends and all the runs can start relative close to there

Seeing as they are smart pixels will one controller will still be enough still as I worked it out thinking It was dumb but effectively smart!

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Yes one x P12 is enough to do all that.

You will have to inject at least at the start and at the end of the line. See how it looks, if e.g white fades to pink then you know you need more power.

To make it simple for this year I would maybe put each line/color on a separate output. You should make them then lay them out on the floor to make sure everything works as planned before attaching to house.

livetoride

Full time elf
Thanks very much shellnz and Ruprec your help is massively appreciated!

When you say run each colour on an output you mean for example all on red on output 1, green on output 2 and blue on output 3?

dale82

Senior elf
I think they mean run each colour that you have drawn on your house from 1 output. That's what I would do. From your P12 you are able to Run 3 of those strips from one output, But you would need to power inject between strip 2 and 3.