Beamz SB2000 smoke/bubble machine parts

bpratt

Senior elf
Never seem to be able to find the details when I go look for them, so thought starting up a thread here which can be searched and found might be the best option.

Dug out my SB2000 out over the weekend, only to discover the wand motors have apparently seized up, and are looking out for detail, i.e. urls etc., to be able to buy some as replacements, and perhaps as spares.

Also looking for the url's for the smoke fluid pump to fit the same machine.

Hoping this thread will make it easier for others to search for and find parts for this smoke/bubble machine, and perhaps others too.

'stalkbook' is useless to find stuff like this.

Thanks.

bpratt

Senior elf
wow, so no one has got any links to parts for these then ?

need replacement wand motors for mine now, and rapidly running out of time to try and get hold of them.

So that'll either mean no bubbles or I might have to buy another machine to get things happening, which is a bloody shame to have to throw more money at things like that.

Kingfisher

Apprentice elf
The headache of these machines...

I've have the single bubble wand version and what's causing the motor on mine to to stop is the gearbox rusting up. For some unknown reason they used metal pins in the gearbox that easily rust. On top of that the gearbox isn't sealed to prevent moisture from getting in so more rust.

Last year I pulled it apart in the hopes to fix it with stupid amounts of lube and I had no issues with it all through December but I went to test it the other day and yep it's seized again.

On top of that the whole case is just covered in rust, though that's just a cosmetic issue.

bpratt

Senior elf
The headache of these machines...

I've have the single bubble wand version and what's causing the motor on mine to to stop is the gearbox rusting up. For some unknown reason they used metal pins in the gearbox that easily rust. On top of that the gearbox isn't sealed to prevent moisture from getting in so more rust.

Last year I pulled it apart in the hopes to fix it with stupid amounts of lube and I had no issues with it all through December but I went to test it the other day and yep it's seized again.

On top of that the whole case is just covered in rust, though that's just a cosmetic issue.
pretty much what I've experienced with mine.

The case is rusty due to the inherent moisture that happens with bubble and smoke machines.

Like you, the wand motors rust up with the metal spindles that are used. I've resurrected one of the motors, and that was the issue, not the actual motor failing.

I've ordered from the link that @SmartAlecLights posted here.

I'm thinking about end of season, I might strip the motors out of the machine, and clean then lube them up, and pack it all away, and hopefully have a machine ready to go next year.

Kingfisher

Apprentice elf
pretty much what I've experienced with mine.

The case is rusty due to the inherent moisture that happens with bubble and smoke machines.

Like you, the wand motors rust up with the metal spindles that are used. I've resurrected one of the motors, and that was the issue, not the actual motor failing.

I've ordered from the link that @SmartAlecLights posted here.

I'm thinking about end of season, I might strip the motors out of the machine, and clean then lube them up, and pack it all away, and hopefully have a machine ready to go next year.
Wish I had a look at this form earlier this week... Just went to check the machine and the motor appears to be dead, power is at the motor but it's not spinning.

As for the gear box, while the lube I used turned a rusty brownish red, not much additional rust in it and everything seemed to move okish.

I'll probably do the same mod with the new motor when I get it.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Warning do NOT buy a Referb SB-2000 unit from DJCity,
The HeatBock died after 5hrs, sent it back to DJcity under a RTA
"They smashed the drainage plug,"
Blamed Aust Post, even tho no damage to the box.
Then Said because of the damage Warrenty is Void.
Gave me 2 options
I pay postage to get it back,
or they dump it.

Surely this sort of business act is'nt allowed?

P.s. Got referb unit for $250, heatblock for it is $210 for aliexpress

IMG4267-1697415304(1).JPGIMG4266-1697415274(1).JPG

bpratt

Senior elf
wow, that's disgusting.
You sent it back because the heat block wasn't working, and then they now claim because they damaged the drain plug, the faulty heat block is no longer covered warranty.
that's got to be a consumer affairs issue.