Beat track using DSP

kane

Dedicated elf
Hey Angus

Obviously many of us are using other sequencers, so may not be that sure what you're talking about. Can you explain what this is, and how it helps you out? Is it an automatic beat track generated from the source audio?

One of the things I would like (in any sequencer), is for effects to automatically adjust based on the music track. An obvious example would be a VU meter of sorts that was able to be applied to a matrix based on the current tune. Or perhaps meteor effects to kick off based on various elements of the tune..

When using LSP's macro effects, you can use audio timings, but it doesn't really seem to use them - perhaps that'll be improved in later versions.

Cheers

Kane

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby
Great job so far Angus and I love that song.
I am just getting started with HLS (coming from LOR), and all i have are a few 27 channel DMX boards and a LOR controller but plan some cool things with dumb RGB strips and 3/4" PEX. I have yet to start sequencing with HLS as things are too busy ATM, but love the work you put into the vids and the hands on that Joe gives to everyone that has a problem. Looking forward to the final track for that song..... :D

angus40

Senior elf
Dsp in hls lets users define the audio waves band by setting under the audio tab .

The options are
high pass
low pass
band pass
users can set the center frequency to zero in on the instrument you want to track .
users select right or left channel to be displayed discretely
also there is a new feature that envelopes the wave with a trace - Square wave overlay .