Best software / combo or whatever for Matrix display

batdive

New elf
Ok I have run Vixen for the last 2 years and find 2.5 pretty rock solid (just have to use multiple versions to get what the best of all worlds).

But when it comes to RGB sequencing and Matrix, Vixen is obviously far overwhelmed.

I checked out Phil's VSB script for making the matrix display and looks good I got to the PPM stage but was unsure how to make the matrix for RGB ch count. (IE Just like the Red ch in the grid or each grid is each channel or what not).

I bought LSP and had high hopes as Matrix animator looked nice. LSP has a large learning curve and was hoping to do the transitions in LSP export to LOR S2 and convert over to Vix. That has not been fruitful as the LOR s2 to Vix converter for whatever reason just returns a null error when trying it.

Also still having issues with LSP and the PixelNet plug in (get no output when I hit play only through test console)

So I am at a loss and hoping to get some advise from the "been there done that crowd"

But what are others using for the best ability to program and control Matrix /RGB stuff?

Any help would be appreciated.

-JS

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Version 2 of LSP is currently in beta and there has been a lot of work done on the pixel net plugin, so hopefully by the end of the month we will see LSP V2 released

batdive

New elf
Fasteddy said:
Version 2 of LSP is currently in beta and there has been a lot of work done on the pixel net plugin, so hopefully by the end of the month we will see LSP V2 released

Yeah I have heard about it and hope that it also helps with the stability and other issues. We shall see.. Still trying to work out something why I asked.

-JS

dmoore

Senior elf
batdive said:
Fasteddy said:

Yeah I have heard about it and hope that it also helps with the stability and other issues. We shall see.. Still trying to work out something why I asked.
Even with the issues in 1.8 from last year, I got the matrix animator to work for me. See my video from last year:
2010 Lights on Merrimac Ridge Full Color Christmas Display