Best solution for twinkling effect over whole property

nato595

Let's do this!
Greetings all!
I'm looking for the best recommendation for my 2014 show. I would like around 200 mini strobes or something to that effect to place all over my property; on house, hanging from arches, scattered across the yard on the ground, etc. I want a twinkling star effect, or a 'glitter' effect as my girlfriend would call it.
Ideally I would like a solution with the lowest power consumption (LED), and with minimal cabling requirements (CAT5 would be nice), and a minimal number of controllers.
I guess I could put a whole bunch of Ray Wu 2811 modules all over and just turn on and off each specific one at will, but much easier would be turning on a DMX channel that randomly flickered or strobed every light at random intervals.
Recommendations??

Thank you much!

neilric99

Full time elf
If you have a J1sys controller most of them now have the firmware update that will perform a fantastic strobe effect on your pixel strings.

personally I got 300 of the ws2811 white only strings from raywu as they are brighter that using rgb color mixing although the j1sys will support doing that as well.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/12mm-0-75W-WS2811-WHITE-strobe-pixel-string-DC5V-input-50pcs-a-string-IP68-rated/701799_1141331702.html

and you can have Ray setup the spacing between pixels to whatever you need it to be.

poolprousa

New elf
First post here ??? What is a "j1sys" ? I am wanting to get into blinky mode by next Christmas, and strobes are one of the elements am also loooking at...best regards from an old fart total noob 8)