BEST WAY TO SEQUENCE WITH PIXELS

bassnbuck

New elf
I am thinking of buying some 2812 pixels stirps to use on balusters on a railing around my porch. I am wondering what would be the best way to sequence this. They will be individually controlled,because I want to scroll things across the railings.

I also will be outlining my windows and doors and wonder best way to program them as well.

DeeJai

Is that Magic Smoke?!?
not entirely sure exactly what the question is. LSP will be able to sequence the pixels easily for you.

Perhaps pop into chat and ask there, as there is other software that could do it also.

Boof63

Senior elf
HLS works well ,but suspect LSP is easier for doing the whole change of colour from left to right etc, than maybe HLS. Otherwise HLs is very good and its cheap (FREE in fact). Does everything else with some ease once you understand the process, for which there is a manual as well as some videos done by users.
cheers Boof63

bassnbuck

New elf
Thanks for the responses. I dont think I asked the question very well. I have LSP and was wondering the commands/ way to sequence pixels the easiest. For instance with the preview how do you draw the pixels with a matrix or something else.

G

GoofyGuy

LSP has all the tools for pixels built in. For example to draw a matrix, you use the matrix tool. You input the amount of pixels, then select how the strands are organized, then the dimension of the setup. For example for 600 pixels, then it will ask where they start in the matrix in terms of input of data, (top, bottom, from the left or right) then the orientation of how if they go left to right in terms of numbering or up and down as if it were a mega tree. Then the layout say 60 wide by 10 tall. Then you click and drag out its size on the preview screen. Easy as pie. From there you have to assign it the channels, and universes.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
bassnbuck said:
Thanks for the responses. I dont think I asked the question very well. I have LSP and was wondering the commands/ way to sequence pixels the easiest. For instance with the preview how do you draw the pixels with a matrix or something else.

Have you looked at the virtual classroom over at the LSP forum where there are some great tutorials
you will find it on the righthand side of the ribbon menu

arw01

Full time elf
bassnbuck said:

When you have all the controllers all added and their channels correct, then you need to right click on a controller and choose draw CONTROLLER image.

This screen will come up and use that matrix tool there.

20140120_LSP_matrix_draw.jpg

bassnbuck

New elf
[SIZE=78%]Thank you for the input. I have another question now about the controllers I am using a j1sys p12r. this is not one of the controlers listed so how do I set one of those up, do I just use the pixad8 instead?[/SIZE]

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
bassnbuck said:
[SIZE=78%]Thank you for the input. I have another question now about the controllers I am using a j1sys p12r. this is not one of the controlers listed so how do I set one of those up, do I just use the pixad8 instead?[/SIZE]

They are only default controllers, a controller can be anything in LSP and in fact most will treat a controller as a display element creating the correct number of channels for that display element.

take a look at this link with videos to help you understand

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2404.0.html

You will get much more value watching some of these videos here and at the LSP forum as LSP is very complex and just diving into it without watching any videos can make it a difficult task. But once you understand these concepts it becomes a very powerful program.

Valentinorx

Apprentice elf
Fasteddy said:
bassnbuck said:

They are only default controllers, a controller can be anything in LSP and in fact most will treat a controller as a display element creating the correct number of channels for that display element.

take a look at this link with videos to help you understand

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2404.0.html

You will get much more value watching some of these videos here and at the LSP forum as LSP is very complex and just diving into it without watching any videos can make it a difficult task. But once you understand these concepts it becomes a very powerful program.

Not an expert by any means, but once once you understand this LSP becomes much more natural and intuitive to set up.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Like Eddy said, checkout the videos as LSP is different in how it is setup. The beauty of it is once you have it set up once you can use it for all your sequences.

I struggled to start with getting my head around a few conceits making the transition from LOR to LSP. A few pointers. Dont think of setting up controllers. Think about elements. An elements is a group of pixels in your display. Like you might have a candy cane with 16 pixels that you treat as one element. But multiple elements run off 1 controller.

Think of all your pixels combined from every pixel controller and every pixel has a unique channel number. A spreadsheet comes in handy with this. Each element is assigned the relevant start pixel number and pixel count.

I know it sounds confusing to start with but once you get it, it's very easy and powerful. Watch the videos and enjoy.