Best

bbayjohn

Senior elf
So now that I have your attention. I would like to ask. What do you think is the best Christmas light show you have seen. Can be off the internet or here, one of our very own, or one you have visited. What light show did you see that made you think, I would like to do that.

The light show that I first admired and made me want to sequence my own display was

Christmas Light Show 2011 - Sexy and I Know It

Your turn

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Christmas Lights Gone Wild
Saw the vid early in 2006 and Xmas 2006 I had my very own homage to the awesome work.
Synchronised beautifully and the inspiration for thousands of people to spend lots of money buying LOR boards and delving into synching their lights up.
Carson Williams from Ohio did it and had to close it down due to traffic issues :(

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
AAH said:
Saw the vid early in 2006 and Xmas 2006 I had my very own homage to the awesome work.
Synchronised beautifully and the inspiration for thousands of people to spend lots of money buying LOR boards and delving into synching their lights up.
Carson Williams from Ohio did it and had to close it down due to traffic issues :(

That was the same one that got my interest going many years ago when it done the email rounds

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
"Best" is subjective so I'll share my lighting inspirations.

At first it was Len Doof's Christmas lights here in Adelaide. However using this display as inspiration didn't last long - a year or two at best when I was static. Len Doof's display consists of a (custom?) computer-controlled operation - I've heard rumours they run (or at least ran at one time) from multiple commodore 64 pc's. The lights change to the beat of the song - so it is most likely relays only. I'd say most (perhaps all) of the display is 240v lighting. Len Doof's display is considered to be among the few (if not the only) lights at Christmas time that really started the bigger than average displays all over Adelaide, so even if it hasn't kept up with modern lighting (LEDs, RGB, actual sequenced patterns) it has a historical significance in Adelaide, Australia. Len Doof's display is from the early 90's - possibly even 80's I'm not sure!

63241_185286074831891_4370637_n.jpg

What got me into computer-control in 2005 was seeing LindsayLights online. In fact I used the same song used by lindsaylights in their earlier display in several years past. For the time being, LindsayLights has taken a break while time is being used raising a family (also I believe the home where the display was held is being renovated). I've seen "that crazy Christmas light show" so many times, but I don't get my inspiration from there. It was a great display for the era (2005) but not inspirational for me. Like I said earlier, best is subjective. I've seen a heap of displays online (even on the AusChristmasLighting video gallery) but I still come back to LindsayLights as the source of inspiration for what I do.

2007 Lindsay Lights new sequence

logandc99

Dedicated elf
What Shell said ( but substitute Party Rock Anthem for Sexy and I Know It).

ecbailey

Full time elf
AAH said:

That's what got me into it as well, a friend showed it too me when it was doing the rounds in 2006 and I decided to give it a go last year (same song as well).