Big W, Masters and Woolworths led rope light recall

I

indudio

Hey everyone,

Read this morning that there has been a recall on all led 240v rope lights products from big w, masters and Woolworths. This includes the connectable light rope, plus all the different rope light motifs mainly at big w.

Thought I would let you know. Products can be returned for full refund.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
That would be a lot of lights that are being recalled, what did the recall say was the issue with the items

I

indudio

Safety hazard where wiring maybe exposed.

You can view the list on the big w site. 18 products alone at big w!

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
indudio said:
Safety hazard where wiring maybe exposed.

You can view the list on the big w site. 18 products alone at big w!

Exactly what i thought, a few years ago i got a zap from a 240v rope light because the rope moulding allowed some live conductors to be exposed through the rope, as i ran my hand down the rope i got a zap, thats when i decided ive had enough of this dangerous cheap 240v crap and went to low voltage.

So i believe that if you self inspected the ropes (with power off) to see that the conductors are not exposed then there would be no reason to send back.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
That's interesting, as the Big W rope light range looks pretty well the same this year as last year. That said, I am surprised Big W haven't followed the practice of other businesses, such as DealsDirect, who now sell 24v LED ropelight.